User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Rosofy wins:

i found out yesterday, they actually dont screen out based on the answers to the tool, so your actual personality has little impact ....instead they use an algorithm to analyze for consistency in responses, and repeated extreme answers, to screen out the cheaters. Only 1 out of 100 people make it through the screening process.

I did consider altering my answers on the profiling tool to match what I thought they wanted, but at the time I was so miserable trying to fit in with the company I was at, that my general attitude towards a new company was "fuck them, if they dont like who i really am, I dont want to work there"

My INTP mercenary used to work in recruiting and he said huge numbers of people cheat and get excluded. However he, like Rasofy, said he didnt cheat because he thought it would be obvious that they were looking for cheaters.
    So the lesson we learned today is that honesty is the best policy.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Infinite Bubble

Absolutely, but not to the extent that it would be completely opposite to my actual personality.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm a little offended that you think we 'd have to...given that we're so desirable. At least to employers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Rosofy wins:

i found out yesterday, they actually dont screen out based on the answers to the tool, so your actual personality has little impact ....instead they use an algorithm to analyze for consistency in responses, and repeated extreme answers, to screen out the cheaters. Only 1 out of 100 people make it through the screening process.
    Why do they care if someone cheats on an unethical test whose results aren't even used to select certain types over others?? And how can they tell a cheater from someone who just doesn't understand the questions, or answers in a "work" mindset, or as they would like to be, all honest mistakes often made on these tests?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

No, I wouldnt.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think its misuse of MBTI to hire based on type, not to mention that its morally wrong. so yes i would(and easily could) if it gave me some advantage
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I'm a little offended that you think we 'd have to...given that we're so desirable. At least to employers...
    That was my initial reaction to the title of this thread. NT is a great combo!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Rosofy(sic) wins:

Interesting. I assumed a sophisticated company would do something similar.

I did consider altering my answers on the profiling tool to match what I thought they wanted, but at the time I was so miserable trying to fit in with the company I was at, that my general attitude towards a new company was "fuck them, if they dont like who i really am, I dont want to work there"
    Hah. That reminded me of this classic scene:

I suppose a good head hunter would be interested in people who have learned to recognize their shortcomings (that's huge, and quite rare).

No "I'm too perfectionist" bullshit.

Besides, when there are tons of supposedly "very hardworking"+"very disciplined"+"very cooperative"+"excellent at managing"+"excelent at whatever" people applying, using some calculated honesty becomes the best option to stand out.

My INTP mercenary used to work in recruiting and he said huge numbers of people cheat and get excluded. However he, like Rasofy, said he didnt cheat because he thought it would be obvious that they were looking for cheaters.
    Nice.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Just in very small doses, otherwise it'll be pointless to be stuck in a position that doesn't fit you.
    It would also be troublesome to have your employer eventually find out that your results do not fit your real personality at all. So, I concur with you. I would alter it if I felt it was necessary, but I would do it in very small doses.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Why do they care if someone cheats on an unethical test whose results aren't even used to select certain types over others??
    wait... if they aren't used for selection, how are the tests still unethical?

another question: if mbti tested for development -how well developed is a certain cognitive ability - rather than preference, would it still be unethical? how would that be different from wanting to know your mathematical aptitude or linguistic ability?