• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My SJ friends corrupt me??

FrozenLemonade

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I used to be this over-confidence girl who, together with her friend, created an imaginary world. I recalled quite fondly how we debated about whether or not current schooling system should be added into 'our' imaginary worlds. She reasoned that schooling, though for most part was boring, was still better than having kiddos running around with no brain attached on their shoulders. And I counter attacked that we could have programmed a machine that could increase people's IQ, EQ, and SQ altogether, so do inputting an encouragement to autodidacticism. The personalities were selected randomly, one couldn't care less. This somehow evolved into a full-out debate of the meaninglessness of achieving without too much of work (from the POV of 6th graders). Meh, I got her totally owned.

For supplementary information, this imaginary world had an eternal supply of vanilla ice cream and evil artificial intelligences pawning people in this world. We were the mastermind behind the curtain. People we created lived in delusive individuality and freedom. Though in actuality, my friend and I actually controlling what they thought, they felt, they desired, et cetera. This may tickle you logic: How did we multitask? Gazillions people, how did we manage? B*tch, please. We were the Gods.

Some weeks later, I got bored with this imaginary world and a second coming Einstein designed a Nuclear Bomb II (which was way badass than Einstein's, mind you) nuked the area. The explosion cut the Earth into half and from then on, happen the exhibition into the (half) core of the Earth...

Ah. Good ol' days.

Since middle high school, we parted ways (read: went into separate middle high schools). This was the point where I was disillusioned and struggled to fit into the society full of SJ/SP.

Drama.

Haha.

Well, it's not that bad. I make new friends AND cuz they're mostly SFP/SFJ, I think my creativity is dried up. My Ne dom is dehydrated but I have forgotten how to share my thoughts anymore. I talked about trivialities. Whenever I initiated this cool conversation about how stupid it was to try fitting into the society, being their mindless, nice robots who swallowed whatever the media masses told you, my SJ (close?) friend would stare at me like I grew a third nostril.
It disturbs me. Now, I'm so skilled at remembering trivial facts and having small talks that it isn't fun. I treat it (having a small talk) as a challenge (how successful specific friendships depends on this) - at the expense of my thrills of wandering in the world of possibilities with others. Nothing satisfy me more than abstract thinking. Concrete thinking I deem as none of importance really sucks the life out of me. I still appear outgoing (when my Ne doesn't go batshit). But my sense of thrill has gone.
:nono:

Soo....

1. How do you converse your ideas with your peers again? (do you approached someone and conducted the act? Or what?)
2. How about you? Any experience with SJ surrounded life? How do you cope with it?
3. Do you think it's possible to be eccentric while being a social butterfly at the same time? Why? Why not?

P.s: Sleepiness tends to affect my diction and grammar. If you think they're inappropriate, it's your problem.
Btw, It's 12.17 a.m here and I really need to finish my physics homework by the morrow. Haha.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do you even have SJ friends? :alttongue: (I'm joking, but I'm not)

Standuble

Don't get involved with SJ's. A primitive people who are weak in self-reflection and the ability to comprehend. The best thing that could who need to be replaced with the robots suggested. Are you saying however your high school friend was an SJ? I have my doubts because on the whole they have very poor imaginations. If you're saying it's just the people since then who are SJ's then use them as a means to an end, stick with them whilst you get some N friends. Then they will do what their biology demands: they work the gears down in the mud but who find their use despite being at arm's length (e.g. advising you on your lesson schedule, school holiday dates etc.) whilst you sit up in the ivory tower and discuss fantasy with like minded folks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are you using any substances cuz i found when i used it dried up my creativity and now that i don't use anything my creativity is back full swing. no one can corrupt you unless they can control your brain directly.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Find your intellectual stimulation elsewhere, and you'll start to enjoy carefree conversations more.

I'm generally not a big fan of SJs, but I've been going out with an ESFJ who seems to be a perfect company when my mind is tired of dealing with abstract or technical concepts.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no one can corrupt you unless they can control your brain directly.

no, but they can make you feel miserable. and unwanted. i've been there, it's not nice. the only solution is finding like-minded people that appreciate you and that dont make you feel like you are "wrong".

W

WALMART

Become an elementary school teacher. You'll find the intellectual stimulation you're craving there.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no, but they can make you feel miserable. and unwanted. i've been there, it's not nice. the only solution is finding like-minded people that appreciate you and that dont make you feel like you are "wrong".

i just realized you aren';t the op, sorry

anyways if someone treats me that way i dropkick them out of my life.

G

Glycerine

Incorporate other friends. Some people are great to have fun with. Others for emotional support, intellectual stimulation, hobbies, etc. Most are only going to fill one role. Close friends or best friends tend to fill several roles but not always all of them so you got to find some folks who you can share your creative/intellectual side with. This isn't to say that your current friends aren't great but finding some others to fill in the missing role could round things out.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get this feeling like I'm losing my ability to create very often. For me, I end up having to find somebody else that is creative and bounce ideas off of them. The results aren't immediate, but after a while, you start having good ideas again…

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've found that a lot of my SJ friends can unintentionally make me feel like an idiot. They'll be harsh toward me when I can't find something, make a mess, or start talking about something 'deep' and theoretical. They don't mean it, but they just genuinely don't get how I can be the way I am sometimes. It's kind of a joke among us, but it can make me feel like I don't have my shit together or am some how less competent. My N friends will go deep with me, and my P friends get that even though I lose stuff or kind of bounce around sometimes, I'm still a valid adult. I do crave more P friends in my life (I only have a couple) just because I feel like we live in a J world and we Ps get a bad rap sometimes. So, like the others have said, just try to get in with different people who have those traits. They're out there, and you have a good personality to go get em! Good luck :) I know how important your problem is!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've found that a lot of my SJ friends can unintentionally make me feel like an idiot. They'll be harsh toward me when I can't find something, make a mess, or start talking about something 'deep' and theoretical. They don't mean it, but they just genuinely don't get how I can be the way I am sometimes. It's kind of a joke among us, but it can make me feel like I don't have my shit together or am some how less competent. My N friends will go deep with me, and my P friends get that even though I lose stuff or kind of bounce around sometimes, I'm still a valid adult. I do crave more P friends in my life (I only have a couple) just because I feel like we live in a J world and we Ps get a bad rap sometimes. So, like the others have said, just try to get in with different people who have those traits. They're out there, and you have a good personality to go get em! Good luck :) I know how important your problem is!

I am surrounded by people like that and it is crippling…
I am a very strong Perciever, a very strong iNtuitor, a moderately strong Extrovert, and a slight Feeler.

Most people think my strong P traits mean that there is something horribly wrong with me, and that is very hurtful to hear…

totent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Apart from forced contact with SJs in the form of family and friends of friends, I don't have much interaction with them within my close circle. In the past though, I have had pretty close contact with a couple of ESFJs, who were my friends but we drifted apart when I matured beyond a certain point. So basically, when we grew out of the age of playing together and came to a stage where we would share ideas, I came to realize that for me to explain things to these people was impossible and it was impossible for them to drag me into living the kind of life that they lived.
About the last point you've made. I believe I am a lot like that. I have long periods of going out, being the center of conversation in gatherings, enjoy having a large number of "friends" (basically acquaintances who on those occasions seem like friends all of a sudden) and basically push myself to the extent where I can drained of all my energy. This pulls me into an even longer period of not wanting me meet with too many and I begin enjoying alone time where I can let my mind drift off, thinking about all sorts of different things and this sort of brings back the energy to start meeting with people all over again.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am surrounded by people like that and it is crippling…
I am a very strong Perciever, a very strong iNtuitor, a moderately strong Extrovert, and a slight Feeler.

Most people think my strong P traits mean that there is something horribly wrong with me, and that is very hurtful to hear…

Of course one of the biggest problems in this world socially is this idea people constantly pass among themselves that everyone is merely a different shade of the same original colour.

The point of this theory is to try and show us another angle to this assumption, that in fact we are not all the same and that there are inherent differences between us that should be respected and understood to further our growth as so called conscious creatures.

On the other hand, the idea that people start as a blank slate and are instead then marked by experience and absorption can be considered just as valid on that account since in either case, no one can be blamed entirely for the processing of information that is most cultivated or inherent in the individual.

But the most important point still stands: It would do well for us as a species if people were more educated on the nature of different approaches to the world cognitively.

The main sadness here, however, is breaking down the concept enough that everyone will understand it regardless of their level of, for want of a better word, intelligence, without then diluting it into inaccuracy.

Too many people I have met believe that if only an individual were to apply themselves, they could be just like everyone else or like the person making the judgement.

Despite how often our experiences have shown us this is not the case and never will be. Conversely it is dangerous to foster too much the more negative qualities in an individual. For example if it is to be believed, this theory shows us that too much perception or judgement attitude creates either harsh rigidity or lax effort leading into entropy.

I wonder if we will ever get it right?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

yes, thank you! this is want I mean [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]. I didn't mean that those SJ people I met did it on purpose, but it's how they made me feel. Verbatim verbatim.