First 12

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I've found that a lot of my SJ friends can unintentionally make me feel like an idiot. They'll be harsh toward me when I can't find something, make a mess, or start talking about something 'deep' and theoretical. They don't mean it, but they just genuinely don't get how I can be the way I am sometimes. It's kind of a joke among us, but it can make me feel like I don't have my shit together or am some how less competent. My N friends will go deep with me, and my P friends get that even though I lose stuff or kind of bounce around sometimes, I'm still a valid adult. I do crave more P friends in my life (I only have a couple) just because I feel like we live in a J world and we Ps get a bad rap sometimes. So, like the others have said, just try to get in with different people who have those traits. They're out there, and you have a good personality to go get em! Good luck I know how important your problem is!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I've found that a lot of my SJ friends can unintentionally make me feel like an idiot. They'll be harsh toward me when I can't find something, make a mess, or start talking about something 'deep' and theoretical. They don't mean it, but they just genuinely don't get how I can be the way I am sometimes. It's kind of a joke among us, but it can make me feel like I don't have my shit together or am some how less competent. My N friends will go deep with me, and my P friends get that even though I lose stuff or kind of bounce around sometimes, I'm still a valid adult. I do crave more P friends in my life (I only have a couple) just because I feel like we live in a J world and we Ps get a bad rap sometimes. So, like the others have said, just try to get in with different people who have those traits. They're out there, and you have a good personality to go get em! Good luck I know how important your problem is!
    I am surrounded by people like that and it is crippling…
    I am a very strong Perciever, a very strong iNtuitor, a moderately strong Extrovert, and a slight Feeler.

Most people think my strong P traits mean that there is something horribly wrong with me, and that is very hurtful to hear…

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Apart from forced contact with SJs in the form of family and friends of friends, I don't have much interaction with them within my close circle. In the past though, I have had pretty close contact with a couple of ESFJs, who were my friends but we drifted apart when I matured beyond a certain point. So basically, when we grew out of the age of playing together and came to a stage where we would share ideas, I came to realize that for me to explain things to these people was impossible and it was impossible for them to drag me into living the kind of life that they lived.
    About the last point you've made. I believe I am a lot like that. I have long periods of going out, being the center of conversation in gatherings, enjoy having a large number of "friends" (basically acquaintances who on those occasions seem like friends all of a sudden) and basically push myself to the extent where I can drained of all my energy. This pulls me into an even longer period of not wanting me meet with too many and I begin enjoying alone time where I can let my mind drift off, thinking about all sorts of different things and this sort of brings back the energy to start meeting with people all over again.
    If you haven't gotten where you're going, you aren't there yet.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I am surrounded by people like that and it is crippling…
    I am a very strong Perciever, a very strong iNtuitor, a moderately strong Extrovert, and a slight Feeler.

Most people think my strong P traits mean that there is something horribly wrong with me, and that is very hurtful to hear…
    Of course one of the biggest problems in this world socially is this idea people constantly pass among themselves that everyone is merely a different shade of the same original colour.

The point of this theory is to try and show us another angle to this assumption, that in fact we are not all the same and that there are inherent differences between us that should be respected and understood to further our growth as so called conscious creatures.

On the other hand, the idea that people start as a blank slate and are instead then marked by experience and absorption can be considered just as valid on that account since in either case, no one can be blamed entirely for the processing of information that is most cultivated or inherent in the individual.

But the most important point still stands: It would do well for us as a species if people were more educated on the nature of different approaches to the world cognitively.

The main sadness here, however, is breaking down the concept enough that everyone will understand it regardless of their level of, for want of a better word, intelligence, without then diluting it into inaccuracy.

Too many people I have met believe that if only an individual were to apply themselves, they could be just like everyone else or like the person making the judgement.

Despite how often our experiences have shown us this is not the case and never will be. Conversely it is dangerous to foster too much the more negative qualities in an individual. For example if it is to be believed, this theory shows us that too much perception or judgement attitude creates either harsh rigidity or lax effort leading into entropy.

I wonder if we will ever get it right?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    yes, thank you! this is want I mean @prplchknz. I didn't mean that those SJ people I met did it on purpose, but it's how they made me feel. Verbatim verbatim.