User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 41

  1. #31
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I guess I get to go into the same box as @Mal+, since people all call us either ISTPs, INTPs, or INTJs, but there's no dang universal constant for who wants us! This whole Ni Vs. Ne is too freaking complex! And even if it's Ni and not Ne, is it dominant or tertiary Ni? Gosh so many contingencies!

    Well, I guess maybe Ne is more connective, and Ni more penetrating, but idk.
    Ti seems more logical, and Te more constructive.
    Se could be more contextual, and Si more referential.
    Oh boy, this is such a fun puzzle!

    I just don't think either of you are Ti doms. You don't explain yourself like Ti doms. I don't see things I can logically follow. That doesn't mean I need to agree with them... I just have to be able to logically follow them to a point. It has to make sense under the right lens.

    A good test to see if you are a Ti dom is if you have discomfort with things you can't make sense of, especially in your youth. Does making sense of things make you happy? Or do you not necessarily need something to make sense? It seems like you're comfortable with an idea just "being". INTPs find this very very difficult. ISTPs, too.

    You both make sense more as Ni doms with less developed Te.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I guess I get to go into the same box as @Mal+, since people all call us either ISTPs, INTPs, or INTJs, but there's no dang universal constant for who wants us! This whole Ni Vs. Ne is too freaking complex! And even if it's Ni and not Ne, is it dominant or tertiary Ni? Gosh so many contingencies!

    Well, I guess maybe Ne is more connective, and Ni more penetrating, but idk.
    Ti seems more logical, and Te more constructive.
    Se could be more contextual, and Si more referential.
    Oh boy, this is such a fun puzzle!
    My wife can tell you which type is more penetrating.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #33
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Don't try to pawn him off on us.

    I assure you, we don't want him.
    There's that word, again - "we."
    Seriously, do you think in terms of "we" as opposed to "I"?
    The future is for the unafraid.

  4. #34
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There's that word, again - "we."
    Seriously, do you think in terms of "we" as opposed to "I"?
    I think in many different ways, Jag.

    The post I responded to referred to a group.

    And, as such, I made a (mostly) joke referring to that group.

    A deeper question would be, why does that apparently bother you?

    And if your answer is gunna be some of your stock bullshit about thinking for yourself, you can save it.

    I'm about as independent a thinker as it gets without slipping into some stupid solipsistic worldview.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm about as independent a thinker as it gets
    You'd like to be.
    The future is for the unafraid.

  6. #36
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You'd like to be.
    I said "as it gets without slipping into some stupid solipsistic worldview".


  7. #37
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I just don't think either of you are Ti doms. You don't explain yourself like Ti doms. I don't see things I can logically follow. That doesn't mean I need to agree with them... I just have to be able to logically follow them to a point. It has to make sense under the right lens.

    A good test to see if you are a Ti dom is if you have discomfort with things you can't make sense of, especially in your youth. Does making sense of things make you happy? Or do you not necessarily need something to make sense? It seems like you're comfortable with an idea just "being". INTPs find this very very difficult. ISTPs, too.

    You both make sense more as Ni doms with less developed Te.
    Ah shucks, I've been outed.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #38
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I said "as it gets without slipping into some stupid solipsistic worldview".

    I see you calmed down. Your other post made me wonder if someone broke into your house this morning and took a shit in your bowl of Cheerios.
    The future is for the unafraid.

  9. #39
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Ah shucks, I've been outed.
    When did you first find out you were INTJ? Apparently, some people know as early as age 5.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #40
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    When did you first find out you were INTJ? Apparently, some people know as early as age 5.
    @Zarathustra convinced me a long time ago here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] God: The ultimate object of INTP analysis
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  2. Dominant-Tertiary Loops
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
  3. [INTP] what do you think of intp girls
    By Ulaes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 06:00 AM
  4. Dominant-Tertiary loop similarities/differences
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
  5. [JCF] Introverted Intuition not Introverted thinking the primary\dominant function of INTPs
    By ObliviousExistence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO