User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Haha, I knew no INTJs were actually going to reveal what their job was. Too cautious/paranoid.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Haha, I knew no INTJs were actually going to reveal what their job was. Too cautious/paranoid.
    For good reason. The world is a sucky place. Its full of drama-inducing F types.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    For good reason. The world is a sucky place. Its full of drama-inducing F types.
    it'll be a crackpot T type guaranteed to ruin your day long before any F type, that's for sure

WhoCares

Not if you work in my industry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    it'll be an crackpot inspired T type guaranteed to ruin your day improve your life long before any F type, that's for sure
    Fixed. Of course, you might not see it as an "improvement".

I am an experimental physicist. I like the actual scientific work - planning and conducting experiments, analyzing data, writing papers, etc. I like being at that intersection of ideas and very concrete reality, able to get to the bottom of why things work as they do, and how we can make use of that. I like always having something new to learn, as well as opportunities to teach and mentor. I don't like the increasing amount of paperwork I have to do, and regulations I have to concern myself with. I don't like writing proposals for funding, attending pointless meetings, and having to explain technical concepts to people who put politics before everything. I am currently trying to set up some international collaborations, but my aspiration closer to home is simply to free up more time for research, with less spent on administrivia.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    insecure. Maybe they don't match up to the 'legend' lol

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Fixed. Of course, you might not see it as an "improvement".
    All types have equal propensity to improve lives.

I am an experimental physicist. I like the actual scientific work - planning and conducting experiments, analyzing data, writing papers, etc. I like being at that intersection of ideas and very concrete reality, able to get to the bottom of why things work as they do, and how we can make use of that. I like always having something new to learn, as well as opportunities to teach and mentor. I don't like the increasing amount of paperwork I have to do, and regulations I have to concern myself with. I don't like writing proposals for funding, attending pointless meetings, and having to explain technical concepts to people who put politics before everything. I am currently trying to set up some international collaborations, but my aspiration closer to home is simply to free up more time for research, with less spent on administrivia.
    This is all good to hear. You have come across as a very well-rounded being, the past stretch of time I've recognized your existence.

Are feelers predominately the ones gunking up your system?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

All types have equal propensity to improve lives.
    My comment was meant to be facetious. The improvements offered by other types are more readily accepted as such by others. So, the joke is usually on us INTJs.

This is all good to hear. You have come across as a very well-rounded being, the past stretch of time I've recognized your existence.

Are feelers predominately the ones gunking up your system?
    No. At the risk of simplistic type-bashing, it seems to be mostly S-types, especially SJs. Bureaucrats who put process above outcome, and don't care how little we actually accomplish as long as we follow their rules. Feelers can be more susceptible to the emotional arguments, especially alarmism and fear tactics, sometimes used to justify these rules, but I don't see F preference as the root of the problem.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    My comment was meant to be facetious. The improvements offered by other types are more readily accepted as such by others. So, the joke is usually on us INTJs.
    I see. It would have required a severe shift in perspective, for I was quite serious in my statement. Nothing should be more cautioned than a thinker with reproach. Perhaps a feeler with an automatic, contextually.

No. At the risk of simplistic type-bashing, it seems to be mostly S-types, especially SJs. Bureaucrats who put process above outcome, and don't care how little we actually accomplish as long as we follow their rules. Feelers can be more susceptible to the emotional arguments, especially alarmism and fear tactics, sometimes used to justify these rules, but I don't see F preference as the root of the problem.
    Te and Si... the way Jung describes the functions, seems they would be more interested in results than process for of the sake of process, as the SJ stereotype often seems to go. Perhaps the means justify the ends, from their perspectives, but I know nothing of the systems you are embroiled with.

I understand the sentiment, though. Reminds me of Edgar Mitchell:

"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch."

Hits me in the feels, but at the same time... perhaps the Earth is far more dynamic a landscape than many wish to give credit for.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Te and Si... the way Jung describes the functions, seems they would be more interested in results than process for of the sake of process, as the SJ stereotype often seems to go. Perhaps the means justify the ends, from their perspectives, but I know nothing of the systems you are embroiled with.
    Exactly. I think the theory goes that Si looks for information in the repository of facts, i.e. past history and ways of doing things. This relates to the idea of SJ types preserving tradition, and solving problems by looking at how things were done before. There is a place for this, but when it becomes the focus of an organization that ostensibly exists to conduct research - to find and devise things that have never been done before, or even conceived of - the result is that the tail wags the dog. Parts of the organization that are supposed to support the overall mission end up hamstringing it, and insisting that everyone else do their bidding. It can be a huge power trip, for those who are into that.