• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Calling All INTJs: I am considering becoming INTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if the INTJ community will take me seriously about this and welcome me into their community. But I come to the forum with this problem because I know my family would not understand it. I was basically raised to be a Perceiver in a Judger family, but only indirectly raised this way because neither of my parents took issue with my being a Perceiver. I was therefore raised to be different, by my family, within the prison-like walls of the cold, uncaring Judging school system, by a Judger's world which expects everybody to effortlessly adapt to its Judging ways. Feeling misunderstood, judged by clinical Judging standards, my personality needs neglected by a cruelly Judging world, I quietly rebelled, and dropped out of society.

However, being a person with strong social needs, I felt my soul also quietly dying. One thing about the INTJs I've known is that they value community, they take it seriously, they pragmatically adopt its ways, something that my sense of authenticity would never allow. But I believe it is more than INTJ strategerie, and that after adopting society's value-structure the INTJs become dependent upon it for their source of identity. This identity is something I've never had, and its lack is a great source of emptiness to me.

I just don't know if I could sincerely denounce my INTP ways, the thought-patterns and beliefs that keep my sense of self relatively stable. If I were to turn against the INTP mental routine and behaviors, would the INTJs merely see me as some kind of traitor? Or would they welcome me into their community with open arms?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lot's of people call me an ITP, but Judging just seems so much cooler, you know, being all strong-willed and tenacious in the chase for greatness, not to mention being an incredible intuitive visionary!

It's good to crack the codes (Precise Speaker), generate the ideas (process manager), predict coming transformations (Purposeful Futurist), and devise new forms (Visual Engineer).

All of those amazing powers would essentially make you a god!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lot's of people call me an ITP, but Judging just seems so much cooler, you know, being all strong-willed and tenacious in the chase for greatness, not to mention being an incredible intuitive visionary!

It's good to crack the codes (Precise Speaker), generate the ideas (process manager), predict coming transformations (Purposeful Futurist), and devise new forms (Visual Engineer).

All of those amazing powers would essentially make you a god!

Yes, but wouldn't becoming a Mormon also make me a god?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I know is that I can tell from your writing that you are not an INTJ

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, but wouldn't becoming a Mormon also make me a god?

I was actually raised in a Mormon Church, and the people there tend to be kinda close-minded and boring.

I'm not sure what to make of the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation and such, but even if it's all 'true', it's certainly not all 'complete'. It's just meant to be a 'safe' path that all people at various levels of development can follow.

For a more evolved individual however, you've got to break your chains and liberate yourself from their ways. They do of course have good old fashioned traditional values, but moderation will only save you and reserve your place in the kingdom, whereas true transcendence will be found in more extreme paths that lead to power and freedom rather than humility and protection.

I, for one, choose to forge my own destiny, and will master the immanent aeons!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was actually raised in a Mormon Church, and the people there tend to be kinda close-minded and boring.

I'm not sure what to make of the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation and such, but even if it's all 'true', it's certainly not all 'complete'. It's just meant to be a 'safe' path that all people at various levels of development can follow.

For a more evolved individual however, you've got to break your chains and liberate yourself from their ways. They do of course have good old fashioned traditional values, but moderation will only save you and reserve your place in the kingdom, whereas true transcendence will be found in more extreme paths that lead to power and freedom rather than humility and protection.

I, for one, choose to forge my own destiny, and will master the immanent aeons!

The five references to "steel" in the Book of Mormon really kill it for me, since the word "steel" wasn't invented until the 13th century.

INTJs are great at disciplining themselves in their particular faiths, and then defending these faiths by any means necessary. I, on the other hand, have no faith. But then that leads to uncertainty, whereas INTJs discipline themselves through certainty that can be overcome only with great difficulty. Worse yet, I have made a decision not to decide about any faiths. The happiest people on Earth have made a decision, or had it made for them. There is no psychological or spiritual security in pure logic.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
As your initiation, the INTJ Board of Trustees will undoubtedly require that you post this on the INTP forum and defend your decision at the next INTP meetup.

Any second thoughts now?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As your initiation, the INTJ Board of Trustees will undoubtedly require that you post this on the INTP forum and defend your decision at the next INTP meetup.

Any second thoughts now?

I;ll see if I can post it there. :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I don't know if the INTJ community will take me seriously about this and welcome me into their community. But I come to the forum with this problem because I know my family would not understand it. I was basically raised to be a Perceiver in a Judger family, but only indirectly raised this way because neither of my parents took issue with my being a Perceiver. I was therefore raised to be different, by my family, within the prison-like walls of the cold, uncaring Judging school system, by a Judger's world which expects everybody to effortlessly adapt to its Judging ways. Feeling misunderstood, judged by clinical Judging standards, my personality needs neglected by a cruelly Judging world, I quietly rebelled, and dropped out of society.

However, being a person with strong social needs, I felt my soul also quietly dying. One thing about the INTJs I've known is that they value community, they take it seriously, they pragmatically adopt its ways, something that my sense of authenticity would never allow. But I believe it is more than INTJ strategerie, and that after adopting society's value-structure the INTJs become dependent upon it for their source of identity. This identity is something I've never had, and its lack is a great source of emptiness to me.

I just don't know if I could sincerely denounce my INTP ways, the thought-patterns and beliefs that keep my sense of self relatively stable. If I were to turn against the INTP mental routine and behaviors, would the INTJs merely see me as some kind of traitor? Or would they welcome me into their community with open arms?

This poorly thought-out tripe would never pass the muster of an INTJ's mind.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Let's see if I can make it a bit less confusing for you:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.4)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISFP

Those results are highly in-line with what I would say my functional usage resembles.

My two worst functions are undoubtedly Si and Fe -- I'm retarded at both.

Furthermore, the only result I've ever gotten on any test has been INTJ.

And the only one of my four dichotomies which is actually pronounced is the N-S divide, where I usually come out with 70% N.

My Dad, sister, and best friend are all ISTJs, and the differences are notable.

How many INTJ 6w5 sx/so's have you known?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many INTJ 6w5 sx/so's have I known?

Lol, I don't know how many "INTJ 6w5 sx/so's" I have known.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How many INTJ 6w5 sx/so's have I known?

Lol, I don't know how many "INTJ 6w5 sx/so's" I have known.

Yes, well, that's understandable; they're not that common (due primarily to the sx/so).

I've heard of two or three others (relatives or friends of people on this site).

And, as these people have told it, we are all highly similar.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, well, that's understandable; they're not that common (due primarily to the sx/so).

I've heard of two or three others (relatives or friends of people on this site).

And, as these people have told it, we are all highly similar.

Do you have any hard statistics on this type's general population prevalence?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you have any hard statistics on this type's general population prevalence?

Yeah, because the Myers Briggs/Enneagram has been built on a sturdy foundation of hard statistics and empirical studies. ;)