123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Calling All INTJs: I am considering becoming INTJ

I don't know if the INTJ community will take me seriously about this and welcome me into their community. But I come to the forum with this problem because I know my family would not understand it. I was basically raised to be a Perceiver in a Judger family, but only indirectly raised this way because neither of my parents took issue with my being a Perceiver. I was therefore raised to be different, by my family, within the prison-like walls of the cold, uncaring Judging school system, by a Judger's world which expects everybody to effortlessly adapt to its Judging ways. Feeling misunderstood, judged by clinical Judging standards, my personality needs neglected by a cruelly Judging world, I quietly rebelled, and dropped out of society.

However, being a person with strong social needs, I felt my soul also quietly dying. One thing about the INTJs I've known is that they value community, they take it seriously, they pragmatically adopt its ways, something that my sense of authenticity would never allow. But I believe it is more than INTJ strategerie, and that after adopting society's value-structure the INTJs become dependent upon it for their source of identity. This identity is something I've never had, and its lack is a great source of emptiness to me.

I just don't know if I could sincerely denounce my INTP ways, the thought-patterns and beliefs that keep my sense of self relatively stable. If I were to turn against the INTP mental routine and behaviors, would the INTJs merely see me as some kind of traitor? Or would they welcome me into their community with open arms?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Lot's of people call me an ITP, but Judging just seems so much cooler, you know, being all strong-willed and tenacious in the chase for greatness, not to mention being an incredible intuitive visionary!

It's good to crack the codes (Precise Speaker), generate the ideas (process manager), predict coming transformations (Purposeful Futurist), and devise new forms (Visual Engineer).

All of those amazing powers would essentially make you a god!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Lot's of people call me an ITP, but Judging just seems so much cooler, you know, being all strong-willed and tenacious in the chase for greatness, not to mention being an incredible intuitive visionary!

It's good to crack the codes (Precise Speaker), generate the ideas (process manager), predict coming transformations (Purposeful Futurist), and devise new forms (Visual Engineer).

All of those amazing powers would essentially make you a god!
    Yes, but wouldn't becoming a Mormon also make me a god?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

All I know is that I can tell from your writing that you are not an INTJ

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, but wouldn't becoming a Mormon also make me a god?
    I was actually raised in a Mormon Church, and the people there tend to be kinda close-minded and boring.

I'm not sure what to make of the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation and such, but even if it's all 'true', it's certainly not all 'complete'. It's just meant to be a 'safe' path that all people at various levels of development can follow.

For a more evolved individual however, you've got to break your chains and liberate yourself from their ways. They do of course have good old fashioned traditional values, but moderation will only save you and reserve your place in the kingdom, whereas true transcendence will be found in more extreme paths that lead to power and freedom rather than humility and protection.

I, for one, choose to forge my own destiny, and will master the immanent aeons!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I was actually raised in a Mormon Church, and the people there tend to be kinda close-minded and boring.

I'm not sure what to make of the Book of Mormon, the plan of salvation and such, but even if it's all 'true', it's certainly not all 'complete'. It's just meant to be a 'safe' path that all people at various levels of development can follow.

For a more evolved individual however, you've got to break your chains and liberate yourself from their ways. They do of course have good old fashioned traditional values, but moderation will only save you and reserve your place in the kingdom, whereas true transcendence will be found in more extreme paths that lead to power and freedom rather than humility and protection.

I, for one, choose to forge my own destiny, and will master the immanent aeons!
    The five references to "steel" in the Book of Mormon really kill it for me, since the word "steel" wasn't invented until the 13th century.

INTJs are great at disciplining themselves in their particular faiths, and then defending these faiths by any means necessary. I, on the other hand, have no faith. But then that leads to uncertainty, whereas INTJs discipline themselves through certainty that can be overcome only with great difficulty. Worse yet, I have made a decision not to decide about any faiths. The happiest people on Earth have made a decision, or had it made for them. There is no psychological or spiritual security in pure logic.

Wink

As your initiation, the INTJ Board of Trustees will undoubtedly require that you post this on the INTP forum and defend your decision at the next INTP meetup.

Any second thoughts now?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    As your initiation, the INTJ Board of Trustees will undoubtedly require that you post this on the INTP forum and defend your decision at the next INTP meetup.

Any second thoughts now?
    I;ll see if I can post it there. :p

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Done.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't know if the INTJ community will take me seriously about this and welcome me into their community. But I come to the forum with this problem because I know my family would not understand it. I was basically raised to be a Perceiver in a Judger family, but only indirectly raised this way because neither of my parents took issue with my being a Perceiver. I was therefore raised to be different, by my family, within the prison-like walls of the cold, uncaring Judging school system, by a Judger's world which expects everybody to effortlessly adapt to its Judging ways. Feeling misunderstood, judged by clinical Judging standards, my personality needs neglected by a cruelly Judging world, I quietly rebelled, and dropped out of society.

However, being a person with strong social needs, I felt my soul also quietly dying. One thing about the INTJs I've known is that they value community, they take it seriously, they pragmatically adopt its ways, something that my sense of authenticity would never allow. But I believe it is more than INTJ strategerie, and that after adopting society's value-structure the INTJs become dependent upon it for their source of identity. This identity is something I've never had, and its lack is a great source of emptiness to me.

I just don't know if I could sincerely denounce my INTP ways, the thought-patterns and beliefs that keep my sense of self relatively stable. If I were to turn against the INTP mental routine and behaviors, would the INTJs merely see me as some kind of traitor? Or would they welcome me into their community with open arms?
    This poorly thought-out tripe would never pass the muster of an INTJ's mind.