• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Calling All INTJs: I am considering becoming INTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, because the Myers Briggs/Enneagram has been built on a sturdy foundation of hard statistics and empirical studies. ;)

You don't even list a type. What are you afraid of?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, because the Myers Briggs/Enneagram has been built on a sturdy foundation of hard statistics and empirical studies. ;)

What's so great about facts and figures if you can't even see their connections?
I'm not sure, but just because you know some numbers doesn't mean you actually understand the dynamics of the system.
People also have a history of misreading the facts, or even twisting them to serve their own subjective blunders.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry but if you're not naturally dominant Ni, it's just not gonna fly.

(See, it even rhymes and all, it must be so....)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You don't even list a type. What are you afraid of?

I am afraid of intimacy. But that's unrelated to the type listing.

It's blank (for now) because I change my mind a lot, and before today I hadn't made a post since August. Things have changed since then.

If you need something to latch on to, my best guess is that I'm INFP/ENFP...Myers-Briggs has always thrown me for a loop. I identify more with the e6 label though. :hi:

What's so great about facts and figures if you can't even see their connections?
I'm not sure, but just because you know some numbers doesn't mean you actually understand the dynamics of the system.
People also have a history of misreading the facts, or even twisting them to serve their own subjective blunders.

You misunderstand me. I was just sort of teasing Mal for asking about hard stats. I really don't give a darn about all the studies that supposedly invalidate typology. :)

Edit: For the record, Mal: you don't strike me as a Ni-user, but you do strike me as a 6.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Do you have any hard statistics on this type's general population prevalence?

Nope.

In all likelihood, nothing even remotely close to such statistics exist.

But one can do a back-of-the-envelope estimate, based on statistics that do exist, and a few assumptions.

INTJs are somewhere around 1%-3% of the population, depending on which source you look at.

6s are ~20%-25% of the INTJ population, based on the only statistics that I believe exist (and almost all those would likely be 6w5s).

And, lastly, sx's are believed to be the least common of the three instinctual variants, with sx/so being less common than sx/sp.

I figure the ratio in society to be something like 50%-60% sp, 30%-40% so, and ~10% sx.

That would make sx/so's, at most, be ~5% of the population.

More realistically, they're probably about half, or less, the population of sx/sp's.

So something like 2-3% for sx/so's wouldn't be a horrible assumption, and likely nothing higher than 5%.

Assuming sx/so's aren't any less common amongst INTJs than other MBTI types (which may not be a good assumption), this would yield, at a low, something like .005% (1% INTJs x 20% INTJs as 6w5s x 2.5% INTJ 6w5s as sx/so's = 1/20,000), and, at a high, something like .0375% (3% INTJs x 25% INTJ as 6w5s x 5% INTJ 6w5s as sx/so's = 1/2667) of the population being INTJ 6w5 sx/so's.

The actual number probably lies within that range, and no higher than 1/1333 (shifting the last assumption all the way to 10%).

Take the average of the high and low ends of the range, and you get somewhere around 1/12000, or .0083% of the population.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The happiest people on Earth have made a decision, or had it made for them. There is no psychological or spiritual security in pure logic.
I wonder about this. Periodically I question whether the personified forces I act like I believe in actually exist, and whether the spirituality I have really is just meaning I attach to things to make myself feel good. I wonder if I need to have a mental back up plan so to speak; to conceive of reality in such a way as to have things all fit together and make me just as happy, without making any meaningful assumptions. Pure logic plus whatever empiricism we are capable of possessing (given that the world of form is largely an illusion and we can't really know anything).

*This is why I try to call myself an atheist and a polytheist/pantheist at the same time. It's complicated.

FWIW I think you could certainly develop your Te and Ni and mimic the INTJ lifestyle and (to some degree) thought patterns. You can cultivate judging behaviors in yourself. However, you can't "become" an INTJ. If you want a community you could also try developing your Fe.

INTP's have an interesting group dynamic, I've noticed. They tend to congregate and form clubs and cliques, Fe-style, but with their inferior Fe they continually eschew such behaviors. They make themselves and each other feel good and offer support, but there's no alliance, permanent social structure, or real connection. They just happen to interact with whoever has good ideas at the time, and that can change in an instant depending on who is nitpicking whom. They vacillate between wanting to connect and wanting to run quickly in the opposite direction. Just a thought.

W

WhoCares

Sorry, but you dont seem to grasp just how cool it is to be INTJ. You're just reaching for the label without truly obsesssing about how many bad guys, fictional and non-fictional have also been labelled INTJ. Without that desperate desire to stand the shadow of greatness you'll never make membership.

W

WALMART

Sorry, but you dont seem to grasp just how cool it is to be INTJ. You're just reaching for the label without truly obsesssing about how many bad guys, fictional and non-fictional have also been labelled INTJ. Without that desperate desire to stand the shadow of greatness you'll never make membership.

ISTP's?

Nicodemus

net-troll.jpg

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ultimately we are what we believe we are. You trying to convince others is still about you, self doubt maybe.... idk, you'll figure it out.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A question to ask yourself: Are you an INTJ because this is your actually innate cognition, preferring that of Ni Te or are you an INTJ because you think you fit the Keirsey temperament profile and stereotypically seem to think and act like one/feel like one but you aren't necessarily one as in, you think like one?

There is a strong Fe logic going on in the OP with something that could seem like Pi in ego, so no, that would not put you as an INTJ.

Also, 5w4 sx/sp? Really, I always raise my eyebrow when I see people type this because people do it a lot without knowing what it means. Thinking you are smart isn't sufficient reason why.

I would, at this point consider ESFJ, ENFJ and type 1w9 for the OP (there is a rigidity that resembles that of type 1 and many 1s mistype as 5s). I lean so/sp or sp/so for instincts.

Also, Nardi's test isn't good at spotting Ne and Ni at all. I always score as some kind of Ne type on his test because his Ni items are so poorly written. If you want to look at a genuine description of the INTJ, here is one that is much more accurate:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mal, if you pledge this their sorority, you'll only have yourself to blame.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder about this. Periodically I question whether the personified forces I act like I believe in actually exist, and whether the spirituality I have really is just meaning I attach to things to make myself feel good. I wonder if I need to have a mental back up plan so to speak; to conceive of reality in such a way as to have things all fit together and make me just as happy, without making any meaningful assumptions. Pure logic plus whatever empiricism we are capable of possessing (given that the world of form is largely an illusion and we can't really know anything).

It's good I think if people, like yourself, can realize the limits each of our own opinions may hold. Your opinions may indeed be largely distorted by your own lenses, but if you can actually identify that, you're going to be mush wiser than someone who can't see and refuses to/doesn't realize for their own selves their lack of vision.

And that's exactly why I'm always questioning myself and gathering lots of external information to 'check my ideas against the context'. This could be as simple as 'facts and figures' (and you can always wonder if they even got the stats right), a collection of 'different ideas or opinions', or even building an integral model of reality from the very pieces that constitute it (like destroying the world [the system] or whatever to forge it anew).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love how NTs are like required to apply for a specific NT membership, even when they already have their T-card ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry but if you're not naturally dominant Ni, it's just not gonna fly.

(See, it even rhymes and all, it must be so....)

What does "naturally dominant" mean?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION]: What is it you mean when you talk about having one's ego oriented toward a specific function? Does that mean your ego is sensitive to these sorts of issues? Does it mean your sense of self is composed around these mental processes?

baccheion

Dude, WTF? I would never want to be an INTJ. The only thing I want that they (seem to) have is the lack of procrastination.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION]: What is it you mean when you talk about having one's ego oriented toward a specific function? Does that mean your ego is sensitive to these sorts of issues? Does it mean your sense of self is composed around these mental processes?

Not quite. The ego isn't just your sense of self, but it is your awareness of self, that which you know as self and primarily experiences as self. When the ego is oriented towards a certain function, it just means that function is the dominant. An Ni dominant is ego-oriented towards Ni, because it is Ni that informs the ego and how the ego understands the world. It is not so much the function itself as it is the perspective the function offers that becomes a part of our sense of self, because it structures the ego a certain way.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, WTF? I would never want to be an INTJ. The only thing I want that they (seem to) have is the lack of procrastination.

INTJs actually procrastinate a lot, although there are various reasons unrelated to Ni dominance as to why a person is a procrastinator.