• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Calling All INTJs: I am considering becoming INTJ

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do find them similar in that they are more that way than the sensing functions, because the division of N and S has to do with this distinction. But compared with each other they are quite different.

I hadn't noticed the sensing functions possessing this polarity- how would you describe it?
N and S have more to do with abstract ideas vs. sensory input. The distinction you seemed to be making, and on which I disagreed, was between being goal-oriented vs. finding value in the process or activity for its own sake. Not being an S I am going out on a limb here, but I would expect SPs to enjoy these physical, tangible, or concrete activities and processes for their own sake, vs SJs who use them more as a means to an end. For example, an artist who creates just out of enjoyment of the artistic process vs. someone who is focused on the final product; or an athlete who plays for the joy of the sport and the personal development, vs. to win. The P types share the quality of more presence in and enjoyment of the moment, whether that moment be filled with sensory impressions or intuitive thoughts. The J types are more focused on accomplishing specific ends. Yes, another oversimplification, but one aligned with axes other than those you used.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N and S have more to do with abstract ideas vs. sensory input. The distinction you seemed to be making, and on which I disagreed, was between being goal-oriented vs. finding value in the process or activity for its own sake. Not being an S I am going out on a limb here, but I would expect SPs to enjoy these physical, tangible, or concrete activities and processes for their own sake, vs SJs who use them more as a means to an end. For example, an artist who creates just out of enjoyment of the artistic process vs. someone who is focused on the final product; or an athlete who plays for the joy of the sport and the personal development, vs. to win. The P types share the quality of more presence in and enjoyment of the moment, whether that moment be filled with sensory impressions or intuitive thoughts. The J types are more focused on accomplishing specific ends. Yes, another oversimplification, but one aligned with axes other than those you used.
That makes sense. I say both are true then.