User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

A question to ask yourself: Are you an INTJ because this is your actually innate cognition, preferring that of Ni Te or are you an INTJ because you think you fit the Keirsey temperament profile and stereotypically seem to think and act like one/feel like one but you aren't necessarily one as in, you think like one?

There is a strong Fe logic going on in the OP with something that could seem like Pi in ego, so no, that would not put you as an INTJ.

Also, 5w4 sx/sp? Really, I always raise my eyebrow when I see people type this because people do it a lot without knowing what it means. Thinking you are smart isn't sufficient reason why.

I would, at this point consider ESFJ, ENFJ and type 1w9 for the OP (there is a rigidity that resembles that of type 1 and many 1s mistype as 5s). I lean so/sp or sp/so for instincts.

Also, Nardi's test isn't good at spotting Ne and Ni at all. I always score as some kind of Ne type on his test because his Ni items are so poorly written. If you want to look at a genuine description of the INTJ, here is one that is much more accurate:

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ

Mal, if you pledge this their sorority, you'll only have yourself to blame.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I wonder about this. Periodically I question whether the personified forces I act like I believe in actually exist, and whether the spirituality I have really is just meaning I attach to things to make myself feel good. I wonder if I need to have a mental back up plan so to speak; to conceive of reality in such a way as to have things all fit together and make me just as happy, without making any meaningful assumptions. Pure logic plus whatever empiricism we are capable of possessing (given that the world of form is largely an illusion and we can't really know anything).
    It's good I think if people, like yourself, can realize the limits each of our own opinions may hold. Your opinions may indeed be largely distorted by your own lenses, but if you can actually identify that, you're going to be mush wiser than someone who can't see and refuses to/doesn't realize for their own selves their lack of vision.

And that's exactly why I'm always questioning myself and gathering lots of external information to 'check my ideas against the context'. This could be as simple as 'facts and figures' (and you can always wonder if they even got the stats right), a collection of 'different ideas or opinions', or even building an integral model of reality from the very pieces that constitute it (like destroying the world [the system] or whatever to forge it anew).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I love how NTs are like required to apply for a specific NT membership, even when they already have their T-card
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    FREE

Congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Sorry but if you're not naturally dominant Ni, it's just not gonna fly.

(See, it even rhymes and all, it must be so....)
    What does "naturally dominant" mean?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@Kamishi: What is it you mean when you talk about having one's ego oriented toward a specific function? Does that mean your ego is sensitive to these sorts of issues? Does it mean your sense of self is composed around these mental processes?

Dude, WTF? I would never want to be an INTJ. The only thing I want that they (seem to) have is the lack of procrastination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    @Kamishi: What is it you mean when you talk about having one's ego oriented toward a specific function? Does that mean your ego is sensitive to these sorts of issues? Does it mean your sense of self is composed around these mental processes?
    Not quite. The ego isn't just your sense of self, but it is your awareness of self, that which you know as self and primarily experiences as self. When the ego is oriented towards a certain function, it just means that function is the dominant. An Ni dominant is ego-oriented towards Ni, because it is Ni that informs the ego and how the ego understands the world. It is not so much the function itself as it is the perspective the function offers that becomes a part of our sense of self, because it structures the ego a certain way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Dude, WTF? I would never want to be an INTJ. The only thing I want that they (seem to) have is the lack of procrastination.
    INTJs actually procrastinate a lot, although there are various reasons unrelated to Ni dominance as to why a person is a procrastinator.