First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Yeah, because the Myers Briggs/Enneagram has been built on a sturdy foundation of hard statistics and empirical studies.
    You don't even list a type. What are you afraid of?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Yeah, because the Myers Briggs/Enneagram has been built on a sturdy foundation of hard statistics and empirical studies.
    What's so great about facts and figures if you can't even see their connections?
    I'm not sure, but just because you know some numbers doesn't mean you actually understand the dynamics of the system.
    People also have a history of misreading the facts, or even twisting them to serve their own subjective blunders.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Sorry but if you're not naturally dominant Ni, it's just not gonna fly.

(See, it even rhymes and all, it must be so....)

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You don't even list a type. What are you afraid of?
    I am afraid of intimacy. But that's unrelated to the type listing.

It's blank (for now) because I change my mind a lot, and before today I hadn't made a post since August. Things have changed since then.

If you need something to latch on to, my best guess is that I'm INFP/ENFP...Myers-Briggs has always thrown me for a loop. I identify more with the e6 label though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    What's so great about facts and figures if you can't even see their connections?
    I'm not sure, but just because you know some numbers doesn't mean you actually understand the dynamics of the system.
    People also have a history of misreading the facts, or even twisting them to serve their own subjective blunders.
    You misunderstand me. I was just sort of teasing Mal for asking about hard stats. I really don't give a darn about all the studies that supposedly invalidate typology.

Edit: For the record, Mal: you don't strike me as a Ni-user, but you do strike me as a 6.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Do you have any hard statistics on this type's general population prevalence?
    Nope.

In all likelihood, nothing even remotely close to such statistics exist.

But one can do a back-of-the-envelope estimate, based on statistics that do exist, and a few assumptions.

INTJs are somewhere around 1%-3% of the population, depending on which source you look at.

6s are ~20%-25% of the INTJ population, based on the only statistics that I believe exist (and almost all those would likely be 6w5s).

And, lastly, sx's are believed to be the least common of the three instinctual variants, with sx/so being less common than sx/sp.

I figure the ratio in society to be something like 50%-60% sp, 30%-40% so, and ~10% sx.

That would make sx/so's, at most, be ~5% of the population.

More realistically, they're probably about half, or less, the population of sx/sp's.

So something like 2-3% for sx/so's wouldn't be a horrible assumption, and likely nothing higher than 5%.

Assuming sx/so's aren't any less common amongst INTJs than other MBTI types (which may not be a good assumption), this would yield, at a low, something like .005% (1% INTJs x 20% INTJs as 6w5s x 2.5% INTJ 6w5s as sx/so's = 1/20,000), and, at a high, something like .0375% (3% INTJs x 25% INTJ as 6w5s x 5% INTJ 6w5s as sx/so's = 1/2667) of the population being INTJ 6w5 sx/so's.

The actual number probably lies within that range, and no higher than 1/1333 (shifting the last assumption all the way to 10%).

Take the average of the high and low ends of the range, and you get somewhere around 1/12000, or .0083% of the population.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The happiest people on Earth have made a decision, or had it made for them. There is no psychological or spiritual security in pure logic.
    I wonder about this. Periodically I question whether the personified forces I act like I believe in actually exist, and whether the spirituality I have really is just meaning I attach to things to make myself feel good. I wonder if I need to have a mental back up plan so to speak; to conceive of reality in such a way as to have things all fit together and make me just as happy, without making any meaningful assumptions. Pure logic plus whatever empiricism we are capable of possessing (given that the world of form is largely an illusion and we can't really know anything).

*This is why I try to call myself an atheist and a polytheist/pantheist at the same time. It's complicated.

FWIW I think you could certainly develop your Te and Ni and mimic the INTJ lifestyle and (to some degree) thought patterns. You can cultivate judging behaviors in yourself. However, you can't "become" an INTJ. If you want a community you could also try developing your Fe.

INTP's have an interesting group dynamic, I've noticed. They tend to congregate and form clubs and cliques, Fe-style, but with their inferior Fe they continually eschew such behaviors. They make themselves and each other feel good and offer support, but there's no alliance, permanent social structure, or real connection. They just happen to interact with whoever has good ideas at the time, and that can change in an instant depending on who is nitpicking whom. They vacillate between wanting to connect and wanting to run quickly in the opposite direction. Just a thought.

WhoCares

Sorry, but you dont seem to grasp just how cool it is to be INTJ. You're just reaching for the label without truly obsesssing about how many bad guys, fictional and non-fictional have also been labelled INTJ. Without that desperate desire to stand the shadow of greatness you'll never make membership.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Sorry, but you dont seem to grasp just how cool it is to be INTJ. You're just reaching for the label without truly obsesssing about how many bad guys, fictional and non-fictional have also been labelled INTJ. Without that desperate desire to stand the shadow of greatness you'll never make membership.
    ISTP's?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ultimately we are what we believe we are. You trying to convince others is still about you, self doubt maybe.... idk, you'll figure it out.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"