User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I do find them similar in that they are more that way than the sensing functions, because the division of N and S has to do with this distinction. But compared with each other they are quite different.

I hadn't noticed the sensing functions possessing this polarity- how would you describe it?
    N and S have more to do with abstract ideas vs. sensory input. The distinction you seemed to be making, and on which I disagreed, was between being goal-oriented vs. finding value in the process or activity for its own sake. Not being an S I am going out on a limb here, but I would expect SPs to enjoy these physical, tangible, or concrete activities and processes for their own sake, vs SJs who use them more as a means to an end. For example, an artist who creates just out of enjoyment of the artistic process vs. someone who is focused on the final product; or an athlete who plays for the joy of the sport and the personal development, vs. to win. The P types share the quality of more presence in and enjoyment of the moment, whether that moment be filled with sensory impressions or intuitive thoughts. The J types are more focused on accomplishing specific ends. Yes, another oversimplification, but one aligned with axes other than those you used.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    N and S have more to do with abstract ideas vs. sensory input. The distinction you seemed to be making, and on which I disagreed, was between being goal-oriented vs. finding value in the process or activity for its own sake. Not being an S I am going out on a limb here, but I would expect SPs to enjoy these physical, tangible, or concrete activities and processes for their own sake, vs SJs who use them more as a means to an end. For example, an artist who creates just out of enjoyment of the artistic process vs. someone who is focused on the final product; or an athlete who plays for the joy of the sport and the personal development, vs. to win. The P types share the quality of more presence in and enjoyment of the moment, whether that moment be filled with sensory impressions or intuitive thoughts. The J types are more focused on accomplishing specific ends. Yes, another oversimplification, but one aligned with axes other than those you used.
    That makes sense. I say both are true then.