User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Lots of finnish ENTJ:s?

http://www.feelback.com/tuote-esitte...ukset/ENTJ.pdf
    It's in finnish, but it says 2% of american population are ENTJs whereas the same figure for ENTJs in Finnish Population is 12%. Yes, 12%. I'm not sure what to make of this.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

interesting. i bet that NTJ and STJ has been very beneficial in circumstances that finnish people have been living in the past for ages.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

I really doubt that percentage.

As far as I know (not going to find a reference to back this up), N-types make roughly one fourth of population globally. I have no reason to question validity of that regarding Finnish people, and assuming I am right with that, 12 % of Finnish people being ENTJ would mean that half of all intuitive people would have to be ENTJ. That can't be true.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I had the trouble to go through all the personality descriptions on that site, giving percentages as follows:
    ENFJ 5.2%
    ENFP 7.1%
    ENTJ 12.1%
    ENTP 5.6%
    ESFJ 9.8%
    ESFP 5.4%
    ESTJ 20.2%
    ESTP 5.1%
    INFJ 1.1%
    INFP 1.2%
    INTJ 3.5%
    INTP 1.8%
    ISFJ 5.4%
    ISFP 2.1%
    ISTJ 12.3%
    ISTP 2.4%

I'm highly suspecting some bias in their data. E is what's expected of people in the workforce. ESTJ is the image of efficiency as seen in a traditional sense. Maybe their data only included supervisors/bosses/whatever?

Edit: in other words, maybe they picked up the data from tests done on personel in the management and mistakenly generalized the data as indicative of the population in general.

Any other ideas? What kind of a population has a type distribution like that?

MBTI
    yupp

I think i can see a more N populace in finland, the cultural there is very different than the US cultural, but i suck at typing, so don't listen to me. I just remember when I was over there the culture being very very very very different. I liked it better. If it wasn't as cold as balls i'd consider moving there, but if i remember correctly they aren't too fond of foreigners and it's hard to get a job if you're an immigrant, harder than in the US at least, which really isn't saying much
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I had the trouble to go through all the personality descriptions on that site, giving percentages as follows:
    ENFJ 5.2%
    ENFP 7.1%
    ENTJ 12.1%
    ENTP 5.6%
    ESFJ 9.8%
    ESFP 5.4%
    ESTJ 20.2%
    ESTP 5.1%
    INFJ 1.1%
    INFP 1.2%
    INTJ 3.5%
    INTP 1.8%
    ISFJ 5.4%
    ISFP 2.1%
    ISTJ 12.3%
    ISTP 2.4%

I'm highly suspecting some bias in their data. E is what's expected of people in the workforce. ESTJ is the image of efficiency as seen in a traditional sense. Maybe their data only included supervisors/bosses/whatever?

Edit: in other words, maybe they picked up the data from tests done on personel in the management and mistakenly generalized the data as indicative of the population in general.

Any other ideas? What kind of a population has a type distribution like that?
    i was kinda expecting the results to be skewed by data being collected by the company which made the description(which basically does some work force management etc mostly in the business world), but it said the source for the % is from Vesa Routamaa, who if i remember correctly is some big shot in university of turku or tampere..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read