User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

It's probably not related to type. I can recall political vehemence from likely members of nearly every type for figures in either major party. Exceptions might be ESFJs and ISFJs. Stereotypically, the former will very, very seriously reprove an official; while the latter will go silent when politics comes up, nod and acknowledge each ideology's claims, and . . . quietly vote straight-ticket come Election Day.

MBTI
    INTJ

I dunno, but for myself and amongst my small circle of INTJs (who don't get together en masse, but tend to do one-on-one things) this is what I've observed:

People who don't have good logic/rationale for a view are irritating and are likely to be dismissed as a good source of info/opinion by INTJs. :rolli: Demonstrate that often enough and you will get written off longer term (just in terms of credibility, not necessarily across the board socially etc).

My ENTJ husband would have seen them as potential problems if they happened to be part of his strategic landscape - people to be fixed and failing that to be marginalised / "dealt with" to neutralise them.

I don't think that xNTJs are "extreme" so much as strong and certain - some are quite middle of a particular spectrum.

So, lets say I'm at a social event and I hear somebody give a "received" point of view about something I care about that I can't agree with I might engage with them. It would be to test their conviction and understanding of their pov, and at least get them to consider other ideas and to look deeper.

Now if somebody expressed a view that agreed with mine own we'd probably just reaffirm each other. If they let on that they "received" the view rather than thought it through I'd take the line that "well at least they've got the right one".

My hubby (ENTJ) would take a more aggressive stance - but only if the views would impact an outcome that mattered to him. Or if he felt like a bit of "sport".

Generally when people find themselves in agreement they don't seem to need to probe further the "why". When there is disagreement there's a desire to know "why" and to maybe change the other person's view. Also our core values have more impact on what we will agree with - eg "free market" vs other options is based on beliefs about human nature and how reality works. So somebody may swallow a "sound byte" and spit it out because it explains their views/beliefs adequately and in a "catchier" way than they could do themselves.

I've seen this with many types (even xSFP if they feel something very strongly to be right - I spent 2 years studying ceramics with a whole lot of them not letting go of some point!!!!) and is is more a function of the strength of the attachment to the idea (again a values thing) rather than type. The type really indicate show they deal with it - come on forcefully or not, emotional/logical, rigid or enquiring/exploratory).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As a P:
    - I dislike what Bush has done and think in many ways he's a shoddy thinker.
    - Personally I would not vilify him. He's human. And stupid. But not "evil." (In fact, like Lemony Snickett says, most people are not "evil" -- they're tossed salads, a mix of good and bad. hee.)
    - I also know I'm not a big political buff, nor care to know all the intricacies. Therefore I have to remain open and only judge in the areas where there seems to be large discrepancies.

In general, that's how I approach evaluations. I'm willing to leave lots of things open. I get annoyed when someone jumps from a person making (a) lousy decision(s) to suddenly vilifying everything that person does.

Put another way:
    What's more important?
    The results themselves
    The process used to achieve the results
    The bolded answer, hands down.

And my problem with Bush actually probably revolves more around how he solves problems rather than even necessarily the solutions. His solutions and thinking have generally seemed shoddy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFX
    Socionics
    IEI

My ENTJ friend is a really staunch Democrat. He always calls Republicans stupid and ignorant and said that a girl I am cool with should be burned to death for wearing a Bush T-shirt. With Bush, I guess this is to be expected from some of the disgruntled ones, but really? It seems a bit much even for an NTJ.

figsfiggyfigs

^ she really should burn.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Srho View Post
    My ENTJ friend is a really staunch Democrat. He always calls Republicans stupid and ignorant and said that a girl I am cool with should be burned to death for wearing a Bush T-shirt. With Bush, I guess this is to be expected from some of the disgruntled ones, but really? It seems a bit much even for an NTJ.
    HAHAHAH

I like your ENTJ friend.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

In reference to the Bush hater...

As a political science major, I have to stay up to date with all that nonsense.
    But frankly, I dislike it. People are so freaking fanatical about it - it annoys me. I have a roommate who is so anti-Bush, that the word bush alone sends shivers up her spine in anger.

I do everything in my power to use the word Bush, with proper emphasis, in as many sentences as I can when around her. It pleases me to see her squirm in her hatred.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I do everything in my power to use the word Bush, with proper emphasis, in as many sentences as I can when around her. It pleases me to see her squirm in her hatred.
    That's no different than saying you want to set people on fire. It actually probably has more real consequences, because I doubt very seriously his (or her) ENTJ friend is going to have anyone burned.

That's why I thought Srho being indignant about it was so hilarious.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Bahah, that may be true.
    But she's an evil woman and her Bush hatred amuses me because she doesn't have her own opinions - she has the opinions of her parents. Back your facts up. I stay out of the politics because of that reason - I am very much moderate/independent - but it's annoying when people can't back up their own beliefs.

I don't care if she hated Bush, Obama, or coffee. I'd still find a way to annoy her. Petty, yes. But at least I admit to my pettyness with her!! bahaha

And I dunno...you get a crazy person with their political stance being 'attacked' -- I wouldn't step near them. No siree, I'd stay away from that nonsense.

This is a Fi issue.