User Tag List

12311 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Cool Rationale...BLEH! HAH!

If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.
    Note: I'll give this thread an hour or two to see if a serious discussion ensues (NTs seem able to salvage a flame thread when they feel like it, instead of reacting to the bait); but otherwise I'll be moving this to a more appropriate location.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think you've confused NT with introversion. ENT's have no problem with interacting with others on a regular basis. We tend to do so more than INF's in fact.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

How very dichotomous of you.

Oberon

I think it's downright diatomaceous!

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I like to think of it as being "perceptive" enough to see the value in doing those things, the rationality would follow suit only if such activities prove beneficial to our master plan...

MBTI
    epyT

Don't feed the troll, please.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Too late. you guys saved the thread.

Might as well dance some more and go crazy with the tongue-in-cheek return fire.

I think she just wants to flirt with ENTPs anyway.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I'm going to pretend that this was a serious post seeking a serious answer, to wit: it is only "logical" to go out there and socialize with others if a) you enjoy it (see the point about ENTP/Js) or b) you derive some benefit from it. An INT will absolutely go out and be sociable with friends, though perhaps not as much as an extravert, but we're also willing to gladhand and attend large events as it advances our particular life "missions".

And yes part of growing as an NT is engaging one's emotions, but that doesn't mean emotions are the be-all end-all of personal filters... just another set of tools that a well-rounded person will eagerly embrace when working with themselves and the world.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    epyT

I present an array of dancing bananas and their leader, Top Banana, riding upon the mythical Goofy Llama.