• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationale...BLEH! HAH!

heart

heart on fire
Gawd, I once had to write a 40 page paper comparing Marx, Wanger and Darwin. This was in the class "Karl Marx in his own time" ugh ugh ugh... I know so much now about freaking Marx and his weird personal life.... Awful, awful sentence for any INFP! jmo. ymmv. Damn state budget cuts affecting class variety.

I could have gotten into Freud I think, but Marx? ugh.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah... I think the first couple of pages of the Communist Manifesto were pretty amazing and it all went downhill from there... Das Kapital was a pain in the ass... I literally just wanted to read it just to be able to say I read it... and I couldn't finish it.

Freud's fun. Jung's funner. And Lacan? He's just... <sigh>

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Gawd, I once had to write a 40 page paper comparing Marx, Wanger and Darwin. This was in the class "Karl Marx in his own time" ugh ugh ugh... I know so much now about freaking Marx and his weird personal life.... Awful, awful sentence for any INFP! jmo. ymmv. Damn state budget cuts affecting class variety.

I could have gotten into Freud I think, but Marx? ugh.

Yeah, I've been up to my neck in Marx for a couple of years now. His work is indeed boring.

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know, Orangey? Maybe this is why I like postmodernism... I'm so full of shit, and so eager to spend the rest of my life dissecting texts and reading books, I find that the endlessly complex mazes of deconstruction that writers are more and more prone to creating are more than enough to keep me occupied without doing anything useful... and maybe one day I'll shit out a book which'll make some people think, "Wow! God!", other people think, "Wow! Fucking Loser!", and still other people think, "Wha?"

And then I can tell my kids I did something important: write a book that no one understand yet many tried to read.

heart

heart on fire
Of course it goes without saying...I think Jung is a god.

Jung and Blake.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You know, Orangey? Maybe this is why I like postmodernism... I'm so full of shit, and so eager to spend the rest of my life dissecting texts and reading books, I find that the endlessly complex mazes of deconstruction that writers are more and more prone to creating are more than enough to keep me occupied without doing anything useful... and maybe one day I'll shit out a book which'll make some people think, "Wow! God!", other people think, "Wow! Fucking Loser!", and still other people think, "Wha?"

And then I can tell my kids I did something important: write a book that no one understand yet many tried to read.

Lol. Minus the deconstruction bit, that's pretty much my goal as well. Otherwise I wouldn't be in grad school.

You poor dear! I could barely take the one semester with him.

Don't worry, I skipped a lot of the reading :)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Of course it goes without saying...I think Jung is a god.

Jung and Blake.

Ah, heart... I see there're more sim(ilarities) than dis(similarities).

My favorite day at the Met was when they brought out Blake's paintings... favorite painting? "The Number of the Beast is 666"

The title alone was awesome... iambic pentameter, yet a spondee substituted for the last iam... making 666 all strong... loping... very ominous...

And through William Blake, Jim Morrison... the connections could go on forever.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
and maybe one day I'll shit out a book which'll make some people think, "Wow! God!", other people think, "Wow! Fucking Loser!", and still other people think, "Wha?"

Yeah, I'm in that last group. But if I keep it on the back of my toilet, and read it in spurts (no pun intended), then I might just finish it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression, and not to be taken as hostile.

So let's not interpret her posts as being hostile just yet.

EDIT: We can decide she's being hostile when she does something overt... like, say, invading Belgium.

I always thought it made more sense to invade Switzerland and steal their gold.

The most bothersome aspect is simply when someone new barges onto the scene and lays waste without studying the landscape for a bit first. But maybe that's just an extrovert thing. It's just alien to me to leap in like that and say things without first doing some recon -- and if I do decide to leap in without recon and make a big gaff, I don't take it personally when someone slaps me, it's just a "my bad" situation because I knew I might be wrong/inappropriate and so I back out. But maybe that's still just partly my personal preference/approach to all this.

Anyway, in the Big Scheme, not a big deal.
People say their pieces.
Things get hashed out.
People get passed the initial conflict... hopefully.
Life goes on. :)

I agree.
Don't mess with NT's.
They are cruel people.
They scare me.

:cry:

^^^actually a mask for this --> :devil:

bwa ha ha.

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ I will admit that sometimes I'm scared of other ENTPs. They can be very forthright in a way that's often not necessary. INTPs are more chilled out. If I could change my type I'd be an INTP... they also seem to get more shit done, though that's not supposed to be part of their profile (right?)... I mean, I figure since they're less interested in what other people think of them, like ENTP's do, they end up doing more with their crazy ideas than ENTPs.