• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationale...BLEH! HAH!

O

Oberon

Didn't your mothers teach you not to fling poop?!?!?

It's not nice, and it stinks and it makes us cower at the thought of honestly confronting you again, (that, or it makes us absolutely livid, and puts us in an NF_U attack-all-you-cold-heartless-insecure-bastards-to-a-hot-and-fiery-emotional-warfare -hell :devil:).

Little Asian Girl...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, but I totally feel Carolyn's point.

It's ironic, for a bunch of Rationals, you guys, (in general), sure do seem to get your emotional feathers so easily ruffled, when a criticism, no matter how slight or sincere, is thrown out there at you, and for reasons not entirely clear to me, these criticisms/observations seem to be simultaneously detected by you, and instantaneously, somehow perceived/translated/processed as a threat.

And then comes the communal flinging of NT intellectual poop and personal insults at the person who posed the criticism/observation/question!!!

Didn't your mothers teach you not to fling poop?!?!?

It's not nice, and it stinks and it makes us cower at the thought of honestly confronting you again, (that, or it makes us absolutely livid, and puts us in an NF_U attack-all-you-cold-heartless-insecure-bastards-to-a-hot-and-fiery-emotional-warfare -hell :devil:).

Muahahahaha...I think you and I will be interpreted as partners-in-crime soon! :party2::devil:

Here's another question: If what I said is totally inaccurate and crazy, why did people react so strongly against it and freak out at me? Hmm...are we in the NF forum!? :wink:

But it is really comforting to know that we are not the only ones that flip out. Next time an NT accuses us of flipping out, we'll just gently lead him right over here. :tongue10:

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Frankly my annoyance was based around the fact that we've had the discussion around logic v. emotions half a dozen times a week, then you storm in and proclaim the topic like it's this totally revolutionary viewpoint.

NT's tend to believe logic the highest form of expression while failing to always be logical? OMG SHOCKING! What? We tend to suppress emotion? AN IDEA I HAD NEVER CONSIDERED!

Oh plus you came off like an ass while doing it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been going back through posts trying to find that graphic, and I can't seem to. Can you post it again, please?
Ah, no problem toots!!

:smooch:

1168991993575.jpg

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Frankly my annoyance was based around the fact that we've had the discussion around logic v. emotions half a dozen times a week, then you storm in and proclaim the topic like it's this totally revolutionary viewpoint.

NT's tend to believe logic the highest form of expression while failing to always be logical? OMG SHOCKING! What? We tend to suppress emotion? AN IDEA I HAD NEVER CONSIDERED!

Oh plus you came off like an ass while doing it.

Oh geez...stop taking everything so seriously. It's not like a put a gun to your head or something.

Besides, I am new, so I didn't know that you had the discussion a dozen times a week. Blah.

But if I really offended you terribly and disturbed you to the core of your being, I do apologize. :hug:

You know what you need? Someone should swing you around in the air and make you feel like you're flying. Then you would feel betta. :smile:

But if you guys EVER come storming into NF Idealist again and causing a scene....

If we are nice and considerate, we are stupid pushovers looking for burnout. And if we are full of fire, we are asses. BLAH. You guys are never happy.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh geez...stop taking everything so seriously. It's not like a put a gun to your head or something.

Besides, I am new, so I didn't know that you had the discussion a dozen times a week. Blah.

But if I really offended you terribly and disturbed you to the core of your being, I do apologize. :hug:

I'm a serious person. Such is life. You, on the other hand, are coming off as smug as all hell.

And don't get your hopes up about having hit the core of my being, because you'll know that's happened when I stop posting. Capiche?

O

Oberon

Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression, and not to be taken as hostile.

So let's not interpret her posts as being hostile just yet.

EDIT: We can decide she's being hostile when she does something overt... like, say, invading Belgium.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a serious person. Such is life. You, on the other hand, are coming off as smug as all hell.

And don't get your hopes up about having hit the core of my being, because you'll know that's happened when I stop posting. Capiche?

This is precious. I'm smug. Sure. But take the big two-by-four out of your own eye before you look at the microscopic dust particle in mine. :) Thanks.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression...

So's invading Poland.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression, and not to be taken as hostile.

So let's not interpret her posts as being hostile just yet.

*sigh* I guess I've been in this country too long. True, Americans are really indirect....

Look, I thought a bit of friendly debate and discourse would be fun and delightful. Apparently I ruffled other people's feathers. But I thought you NTs liked that anyway. Perhaps I was wrong.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So's invading Poland.

HELLO???? Who's being smug and offensive now???

And who are you to talk? You elected a president who invaded....Aww, never mind, it isn't worth it.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
This is precious. I'm smug. Sure. But take the big two-by-four out of your own eye before you look at the microscopic dust particle in mine. :) Thanks.

So lemme get this straight... you come into a forum, write a post that is widely seen as moderate trolling with neither evidence or even anecdotes to back it up, dismiss any objections raised as either being too thin skinned or exactly what you were going for. Hmmm. I'm gonna be OK with what I've posted so far.

But thanks, schnokums.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
HELLO???? Who's being smug and offensive now???

And who are you to talk? You elected a president who invaded....Aww, never mind, it isn't worth it.

OO! OO! Is this the part where I get to play the "but I was only joking!" card?