User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (And I have an English degree and have been a writer/editor for my entire professional career. Why does any of that matter?)
    Hey! One-upperer. Behave

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Oh dear lordy...

'Rational' is just a name. You're not affording us the damn insecurities that are everyone's right, you know.
    It's okay. I have some too. Just not the same ones. Can't understand you guys and I wanted to learn more.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    GIRL FIGHHHHHT!

I'll wager my life savings on digest.
    I'll see your $6.50 and raise you a pen.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hey! One-upperer. Behave
    No, no, it was merely a "ground-evener"!

I didn't say I was *better*... I insinuated we were both equal so it should be dropped!

:P to you too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'll see your $6.50 and raise you a pen.
    That's a euphemism, right?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    no you didn't. it takes honestly listening to others to learn anything, and all you hear is yourself.

two seconds ago, it was a 'flame thread'. so, again, no.

you call this penetrating? people tried to explain to you exactly why it was the opposite of 'penetrating', and you didn't hear a word.

i think it's not fascinating at all how you're like so many other people who think they've 'hit a nerve' just because someone responds. it's your ego you're responding to, not what others tried in vain to explain.

again with your ego. "i'm a teacher therefore i can't make mistakes. here. let me help you think."

it doesn't require thought to repeat ourselves for the thousandth time in response to the same accusation.

:rolleyes2:

are you deaf? no one said anything against it. personally, i just had a problem with you thinking that just stating a fact would bother me. just more proof that you only hear yourself. you want to think you bothered us, so no matter what we say, that's what you'll hear.

haha. what an ego. you think you're the first one to think you know it all?

this is why i hate emoticons for the most part. they're used by some to turn insults into cute little comments.

firstly, you meant to say "i". seems you do make mistakes. secondly, i'd have preferred that. at least it would be honest and direct.

excuse. and, a bad one. you knew enough to say what you did, you admitted to trying to start shit, so you knew enough to know exactly what you were doing.

translation: "ignore my saying that i have the power to effect, or even know anything about, your 'inner core'; ignore everything i've said up to this point because i've spit out an empty apology. then buy it and prove i'm right that you can't read people."

more stupid 'cute' crap meant to fool others into thinking she's harmless. whatever, sister.

what? you can't possibly think you're scary now. i mean, you exposed every weapon you have in this one thread.

this is what you think. just another example of someone assuming we see them the way they see themselves and confusing that for having mind-reading powers.

another ridiculous attempt at an insult.

hold on, i'll get my tissue. seriously, what a load of crap. there is no debate in, "this is how i think" and when someone AGREES with you despite your silly way of opening the topic, you turn their honest attempts to communicate into "freaking out" and then further insulting them.

now it's getting boring. if you really knew what you were talking about as much as you think you do, you'd know this insult would never work.

more complete bullshit. you DID mean to start shit. you said you did.

i'm not a bit sorry, nor do i feel a bit guilty.

you aren't any smarter after this thread than you were when you started it. my only purpose in responding to you (even though i'm sure you'll twist it), was to let you know how i see you personally.

i'm honest like that.
    This was a combo smack-down of UFC proportions.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Thumbs down

Oh geez...I SAID I was sorry I offended anyone. The comment about flame threads was facetious. That's why I put it in quotation marks. Can't we just drop it?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Oh geez...I SAID I was sorry I offended anyone. The comment about flame threads was facetious. That's why I put it in quotation marks. Can't we just drop it?
    Moral of the story: don't fuck with NTs unless you can really handle it.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Ha. You come in here trying to stir us up and look what happens. You end up apologizing and backing down. I love it!!

MBTI
    INXP

Well we all screw up sometimes. Let's try again! Err, not to screw up, that is.