User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Oh geez...stop taking everything so seriously. It's not like a put a gun to your head or something.

Besides, I am new, so I didn't know that you had the discussion a dozen times a week. Blah.

But if I really offended you terribly and disturbed you to the core of your being, I do apologize.
    I'm a serious person. Such is life. You, on the other hand, are coming off as smug as all hell.

And don't get your hopes up about having hit the core of my being, because you'll know that's happened when I stop posting. Capiche?
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

Oberon

Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression, and not to be taken as hostile.

So let's not interpret her posts as being hostile just yet.

EDIT: We can decide she's being hostile when she does something overt... like, say, invading Belgium.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    I'm a serious person. Such is life. You, on the other hand, are coming off as smug as all hell.

And don't get your hopes up about having hit the core of my being, because you'll know that's happened when I stop posting. Capiche?
    This is precious. I'm smug. Sure. But take the big two-by-four out of your own eye before you look at the microscopic dust particle in mine. :-) Thanks.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression...
    So's invading Poland.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Everyone, it strikes me that we may be facing some cultural disconnect here. Carolyn's blunt, confrontational approach may appear rude to us, but I'm told it's a common German mode of expression, and not to be taken as hostile.

So let's not interpret her posts as being hostile just yet.
    *sigh* I guess I've been in this country too long. True, Americans are really indirect....

Look, I thought a bit of friendly debate and discourse would be fun and delightful. Apparently I ruffled other people's feathers. But I thought you NTs liked that anyway. Perhaps I was wrong.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh my...

Carloyn's feisty, I like

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    xNFP

So's invading Poland.
    HELLO???? Who's being smug and offensive now???

And who are you to talk? You elected a president who invaded....Aww, never mind, it isn't worth it.

MBTI
    INTP

This is precious. I'm smug. Sure. But take the big two-by-four out of your own eye before you look at the microscopic dust particle in mine. :-) Thanks.
    So lemme get this straight... you come into a forum, write a post that is widely seen as moderate trolling with neither evidence or even anecdotes to back it up, dismiss any objections raised as either being too thin skinned or exactly what you were going for. Hmmm. I'm gonna be OK with what I've posted so far.

But thanks, schnokums.

Oberon

So's invading Poland.
    Everybody invades Poland. It's not worth remarking on.

MBTI
    INTP

HELLO???? Who's being smug and offensive now???

And who are you to talk? You elected a president who invaded....Aww, never mind, it isn't worth it.
    OO! OO! Is this the part where I get to play the "but I was only joking!" card?