User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 113

  1. #31
    Senior Member Angry Ayrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Out of serious curiousity. I have a really close ENTP friend who seems to be avoiding me as of lately, and when I did meet him, I crushed him in a debate, because I had more knowledge on the subject, and later on, in jest, I made fun of his jokes and got people laughing at him. I realized how stupid I was acting and sent a bunch of apology texts, emails, messages, and the answer I get is that the ENTP was never offended by any of it. I personally don't believe that, because I would have personally been offended. Secondly, the ENTP left within five minutes of the jokes on the ENTP stopping.

    give me some feedback.

  2. #32
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    I think several things are happening with the ENTP... but I'll phrase it as if you did it to me.

    • I'd be quite offended and probably hurt. It's never nice to have one's ass handed to one in public. The fact that you're a friend makes it worse. Thinkers have feelings too.
    • In all likelihood, as a result of the intellectual humiliation I'm scheming and brooding as I violently alt-tab through various Jstor and Wikipedia articles, trying to bolster myself for any future encounters.
    • The good thing is that if the friendship is strong enough, as long as I'm able to redeem myself in as public a forum as I was insulted in, I will be willing to participate in a rapprochement. But redress must be public, since the insult was public. So, I'd suggest that in the near future, when the ENTP is hanging out with you and the same people you made fun of him/her in front of, you lay low and give him/her the podium a bit more, maybe give him/her a bit more leeway if his/her jokes fall flat... in a few weeks, you can return to a more balanced banter.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  3. #33
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    give me some feedback.
    He's cut you loose.

    He won't want to say so because he hates confrontation, but he's cut you loose for the duration, maybe forever. Don't expect him to call you.

    You might possibly change this course of events, but it'll take your initiative to make it happen.

    That's my interpretation, anyway.

  4. #34
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Thank you. "Flame threads" are worthwhile because I learned a great deal about you and how you think.

    And anyway, yes, it was a serious question.

    I think it is fascinating how you folks throw "flame threads" at us all the time, but the first time one of us asks an uncomfortable, penetrating question - you guys flip out.

    And, yes, to answer your question, I deliberately used the word "efficiently." I never say anything without thinking about it. I'm an English teacher. I meant it facetiously to get you thinking.

    Regardless of what you all think, I got you thinking and talking. SO THERE!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #35
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I think several things are happening with the ENTP... but I'll phrase it as if you did it to me.

    • I'd be quite offended and probably hurt. It's never nice to have one's ass handed to one in public. The fact that you're a friend makes it worse. Thinkers have feelings too.
    • In all likelihood, as a result of the intellectual humiliation I'm scheming and brooding as I violently alt-tab through various Jstor and Wikipedia articles, trying to bolster myself for any future encounters.
    • The good thing is that if the friendship is strong enough, as long as I'm able to redeem myself in as public a forum as I was insulted in, I will be willing to participate in a rapprochement. But redress must be public, since the insult was public. So, I'd suggest that in the near future, when the ENTP is hanging out with you and the same people you made fun of him/her in front of, you lay low and give him/her the podium a bit more, maybe give him/her a bit more leeway if his/her jokes fall flat... in a few weeks, you can return to a more balanced banter.
    Lol, Hammurabi's code much?!?!?

    Note to self: NT's are keeping mental tabs

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #36
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    Regardless of what you all think, I got you thinking and talking. SO THERE!
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that we probably would have been doing that anyway.

  7. #37
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Warp View Post
    I present an array of dancing bananas and their leader, Top Banana, riding upon the mythical Goofy Llama.

    Sweet..thanks for the insight!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  8. #38
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that we probably would have been doing that anyway.
    Yes, but not in the same way, and certainly not with the same enthusiasm. Logically.

    I mean, I think about this as a growth experience. Or else you may never have seen the banana llama.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  9. #39
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    You make me scratch my head.

    Why are you here?

    Why should I care?

    Hmmm...

  10. #40
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that we probably would have been doing that anyway.
    Lol, but I totally feel Carolyn's point.

    It's ironic, for a bunch of Rationals, you guys, (in general), sure do seem to get your emotional feathers so easily ruffled, when a criticism, no matter how slight or sincere, is thrown out there at you, and for reasons not entirely clear to me, these criticisms/observations seem to be simultaneously detected by you, and instantaneously, somehow perceived/translated/processed as a threat.

    And then comes the communal flinging of NT intellectual poop and personal insults at the person who posed the criticism/observation/question!!!

    Didn't your mothers teach you not to fling poop?!?!?

    It's not nice, and it stinks and it makes us cower at the thought of honestly confronting you again, (that, or it makes us absolutely livid, and puts us in an NF_U attack-all-you-cold-heartless-insecure-bastards-to-a-hot-and-fiery-emotional-warfare -hell ).
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT Rationale Classics Nominations
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Bleh
    By MattC333 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM
  3. hah!
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
  4. [NT] The NT Rationale and Rightness
    By Spartan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO