User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 113

  1. #21
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    598

    Default

    One star.

  2. #22
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    trying to manipulate us by telling us you know we can't do something will only result in us shrugging and thinking, "okay then, whatever you say."

    we aren't that easy and certainly don't feel the need to prove something to someone just because they know how to declare something. who doesn't?

    damn. i'm more likely to be insulted by your shitty effort than by what you actually said.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    trying to manipulate us by telling us you know we can't do something will only result in us shrugging and thinking, "okay then, whatever you say."

    we aren't that easy and certainly don't feel the need to prove something to someone just because they know how to declare something. who doesn't?

    damn. i'm more likely to be insulted by your shitty effort than by what you actually said.

  4. #24
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

    Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

    WRONG. Expressing feelings isn't always a good thing. It depends on the situation. If you're feeling irritable, and little things your mate does get on your nerves, should you automatically express them? No. Similarly, some of your frustrations might be altogether YOUR issues, and expressing that frustration would do nothing but cause strife. Third, there are times when expressing things doesn't help at allm but merely stirs up more intra-psychic friction. In these cases, it might be better to analyze and investigate what you're thinking.

    Regarding regularly interacting with folks, it's not so obvious what that means. Some people have high needs, some people have low needs, and some people have pathological needs, using interaction as a way to distract themselves from underlying sadness, or restlessness. In these cases, interaction is not beneficial, even detrimental.

    Self-expression and interaction can be beneficial, but they don't override logic and understanding; they're subsumed by it. Your final line about NF's "expressing themselves more efficiently (I think "articulate" is the word you're looking for...ZING!) is just speculation. I'd disagree with it.

  5. #25
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Beine View Post
    If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

    Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

    Sounds like somebody has had a negative personal experience.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  6. #26
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Sounds like somebody has had a negative personal experience.
    How could that be possible if the NT's are not even interacting with her?

  7. #27
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How could that be possible if the NT's are not even interacting with her?
    It's possibly the fact that they haven't been interacting has caused such strong feelings from her to able post this. Just guessing.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  8. #28
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Wasn't 'Rational' a term coined for NTs by Kiersey?

    Need I remind everyone that Kiersey sucked?

    There. Problem solved.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #29
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    It's possibly the fact that they haven't been interacting has caused such strong feelings from her to able post this. Just guessing.
    Ah yup. Didn't take that into account.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Rationals aren't without feelings, and they can express them. It's usually just more subtle than what some types are use to.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT Rationale Classics Nominations
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Bleh
    By MattC333 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM
  3. hah!
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
  4. [NT] The NT Rationale and Rightness
    By Spartan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO