User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 113

  1. #101
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Gawd, I once had to write a 40 page paper comparing Marx, Wanger and Darwin. This was in the class "Karl Marx in his own time" ugh ugh ugh... I know so much now about freaking Marx and his weird personal life.... Awful, awful sentence for any INFP! jmo. ymmv. Damn state budget cuts affecting class variety.

    I could have gotten into Freud I think, but Marx? ugh.

  2. #102
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Yeah... I think the first couple of pages of the Communist Manifesto were pretty amazing and it all went downhill from there... Das Kapital was a pain in the ass... I literally just wanted to read it just to be able to say I read it... and I couldn't finish it.

    Freud's fun. Jung's funner. And Lacan? He's just... <sigh>
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  3. #103
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Gawd, I once had to write a 40 page paper comparing Marx, Wanger and Darwin. This was in the class "Karl Marx in his own time" ugh ugh ugh... I know so much now about freaking Marx and his weird personal life.... Awful, awful sentence for any INFP! jmo. ymmv. Damn state budget cuts affecting class variety.

    I could have gotten into Freud I think, but Marx? ugh.
    Yeah, I've been up to my neck in Marx for a couple of years now. His work is indeed boring.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #104
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    You know, Orangey? Maybe this is why I like postmodernism... I'm so full of shit, and so eager to spend the rest of my life dissecting texts and reading books, I find that the endlessly complex mazes of deconstruction that writers are more and more prone to creating are more than enough to keep me occupied without doing anything useful... and maybe one day I'll shit out a book which'll make some people think, "Wow! God!", other people think, "Wow! Fucking Loser!", and still other people think, "Wha?"

    And then I can tell my kids I did something important: write a book that no one understand yet many tried to read.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  5. #105
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Of course it goes without saying...I think Jung is a god.


    Jung and Blake.

  6. #106
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I've been up to my neck in Marx for a couple of years now. His work is indeed boring.
    You poor dear! I could barely take the one semester with him.

  7. #107
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    You know, Orangey? Maybe this is why I like postmodernism... I'm so full of shit, and so eager to spend the rest of my life dissecting texts and reading books, I find that the endlessly complex mazes of deconstruction that writers are more and more prone to creating are more than enough to keep me occupied without doing anything useful... and maybe one day I'll shit out a book which'll make some people think, "Wow! God!", other people think, "Wow! Fucking Loser!", and still other people think, "Wha?"

    And then I can tell my kids I did something important: write a book that no one understand yet many tried to read.
    Lol. Minus the deconstruction bit, that's pretty much my goal as well. Otherwise I wouldn't be in grad school.

    You poor dear! I could barely take the one semester with him.
    Don't worry, I skipped a lot of the reading
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #108
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Of course it goes without saying...I think Jung is a god.


    Jung and Blake.
    Ah, heart... I see there're more sim(ilarities) than dis(similarities).

    My favorite day at the Met was when they brought out Blake's paintings... favorite painting? "The Number of the Beast is 666"

    The title alone was awesome... iambic pentameter, yet a spondee substituted for the last iam... making 666 all strong... loping... very ominous...

    And through William Blake, Jim Morrison... the connections could go on forever.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  9. #109
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

    Don't worry, I skipped a lot of the reading
    lol, me too! Still nearly kilt me...

  10. #110
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    lol, me too! Still nearly kilt me...
    Glad you made it out alive
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT Rationale Classics Nominations
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Bleh
    By MattC333 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM
  3. hah!
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
  4. [NT] The NT Rationale and Rightness
    By Spartan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO