User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 49 of 49

  1. #41
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    My current thinking is "yes" at least for any given moment. They aren't going to say "'oh, this is my favorite" and then have doubts. It will seem like a certain thing at the time, even if it changes later.

    I could be way off, but this is the impression I get from both reading Jung and some experience dating Fi dom/auxes.

    Everything you just said points to you being a Ti dom. I can't exactly explain Fi, but I think I have somewhat of a sense of what it looks like, and that isn't it. If you were a Fi dom, I'd probably be more puzzled by what you were saying, instead of thinking that it makes a lot of sense.

    You want precision, and something logically consistent. You want a consistent answer for what category you fall under. That is not Fi. THat is Ti.
    Sounds consistent with what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    A definite trademark of Fi is that the Fi user thinks that things are too varied and unique to systematize, "You can't put labels on it!"

    A general rule of thumb here, therefore, seems to be that if someone is not revealing their type, or putting in some non-MBTI combination of letters, they are a Fi dom or aux. It's surprising how often this works. A lot of Fi dom/auxes don't like MBTI because they see people as too unique to put into categories, or something.
    Ugh, I can't tell you how many people just assumed this about me. The hell of it was that I only became unsure of my type because other people argued with me, and I actually admitted they might be right because I could see the inconsistencies- and I still overthink things and freak out if I see something in myself which contradicts what I think; and they believed this about me despite me explicitly telling them I obviously did want to be categorized, or else I wouldn't care so much what type I am. Ti doms can be complete idiots. (And I removed my type several times just because I didn't want more controversy.)

  2. #42
    Member GreatBigCranberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You want precision, and something logically consistent. You want a consistent answer for what category you fall under. That is not Fi. THat is Ti.

    A definite trademark of Fi is that the Fi user thinks that things are too varied and unique to systematize, "You can't put labels on it!"
    This is very convincing. I can feel myself being swayed, but the very fact that I can be so swayed makes me suspicious. I'm fairly certain that I wrote my previous messages in the hopes that someone would convince me that I really was INTP. I don't like the idea of having dominant Fi. But for that very reason I have to seriously consider whether I do, otherwise I'll just be believing that I'm INTP because I want to and not because I really think it's true. And yes, I know that sounds very Ti. Currently I have running commentary in my head deciding whether everything I says sounds more Ti or Fi.

    I have to admit the bitter truth. Saying "I don't take criticism well" was worded to allow for the possibility that I might be INTP. More accurately, (and more INFP) I'm sensitive to criticism. But I would much rather someone give me honest feedback even if it hurts my feelings, than lie to coddle me. I dislike expressing strong emotion, but I cry easily. This is largely because crying is semi-involuntary. I can prevent myself from saying or doing something when I'm upset or angry (with some effort), but I can only prevent myself from crying by not being upset in the first place (which as I said in a previous post, I'm trying to do). This sounds to me very like and INFP.

    From a post by and INFP on INFPs with Enneagram 5:
    "Some INFPs identify as Type 5s. These may be INFPs who test close to the F/T border. INFP type 5s may tend to:
    -Fall easily into being a detached observer, rather than a participant. While many INFPs have this quality (as it is common for all introverts), it is often more pronounced in type 5 INFPs.
    -Feel torn between engagement and withdrawing. Fi tends to concern itself with people and harmonizing values, while type 5s fear being overwhelmed by others. This can leads to type 5 INFPs feeling particularly torn when trying to begin or maintain relationships with others.
    -Like type 4 INFPs, come across as weird/crazy.
    -Appear to be more even keeled/flatter emotionally than other INFPs. The ability of Fi to regulate emotional state is used here to moderate emotional intensity. May have a hard time dealing with intense emotions when they arise (may attempt to flee into rationalizing and intellectualizing)."

  3. #43
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    If you're really unsure, try doing the video challenge
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  4. #44
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigCranberries View Post
    This is very convincing. I can feel myself being swayed, but the very fact that I can be so swayed makes me suspicious. I'm fairly certain that I wrote my previous messages in the hopes that someone would convince me that I really was INTP. I don't like the idea of having dominant Fi. But for that very reason I have to seriously consider whether I do, otherwise I'll just be believing that I'm INTP because I want to and not because I really think it's true. And yes, I know that sounds very Ti. Currently I have running commentary in my head deciding whether everything I says sounds more Ti or Fi.

    I have to admit the bitter truth. Saying "I don't take criticism well" was worded to allow for the possibility that I might be INTP. More accurately, (and more INFP) I'm sensitive to criticism.
    But I would much rather someone give me honest feedback even if it hurts my feelings, than lie to coddle me.
    That's not Fi.
    From a post by and INFP on INFPs with Enneagram 5:
    "Some INFPs identify as Type 5s. These may be INFPs who test close to the F/T border. INFP type 5s may tend to:
    -Fall easily into being a detached observer, rather than a participant. While many INFPs have this quality (as it is common for all introverts), it is often more pronounced in type 5 INFPs.
    -Feel torn between engagement and withdrawing. Fi tends to concern itself with people and harmonizing values, while type 5s fear being overwhelmed by others. This can leads to type 5 INFPs feeling particularly torn when trying to begin or maintain relationships with others.
    -Like type 4 INFPs, come across as weird/crazy.
    -Appear to be more even keeled/flatter emotionally than other INFPs. The ability of Fi to regulate emotional state is used here to moderate emotional intensity. May have a hard time dealing with intense emotions when they arise (may attempt to flee into rationalizing and intellectualizing)."
    That sort of manipulation, and even placing such importance on knowing the "correct" answer, is Ti. Ti places more value on MBTI than Fi. Why? Because it's a category, a logical, systemic distinction.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  5. #45
    Member GreatBigCranberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That sort of manipulation, and even placing such importance on knowing the "correct" answer, is Ti. Ti places more value on MBTI than Fi. Why? Because it's a category, a logical, systemic distinction.
    But you could just as easily say I'm so concerned about this because I'm trying to find my real self, which sounds Fi. You say that placing such importance on knowing the right answer is Ti, I agree. The question is: is that what I'm doing? I don't have a very clear idea of what my real motivations are. Dominant Fi seems to place a high importance on their ideal self. It's entirely possible that my "ideal self" just happens to resemble dominant Ti. Or I could really be INTP. I don't know anymore. I've been going round in circles on this all day. I'm starting to get dizzy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    If you're really unsure, try doing the video challenge
    What's the video challenge?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigCranberries View Post
    What's the video challenge?
    Sorry, I could have sworn I'd already replied to this. Here it is.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  7. #47
    Member GreatBigCranberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    35

    Default

    The link just leads me to a page that says I do not have permission to access that page.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I didn't think the Bonfire had a post-count minimum entry thingy. Weird.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  9. #49
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigCranberries View Post
    otherwise I'll just be believing that I'm INTP because I want to and not because I really think it's true. And yes, I know that sounds very Ti. Currently I have running commentary in my head deciding whether everything I says sounds more Ti or Fi.
    This is so true for me.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs and providing emotional support
    By ZPowers in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
  2. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs and Big Crowds/Concerts
    By intpgirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and Grammar
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. [INTP] INTPs and life
    By JonJT in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO