User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigCranberries View Post
    Most INTPs are probably pretty child-like, but I don't think all of it is caused by undeveloped Fe. According to Paul James: "the external world of the INTP involves a very free-spirited Ne-Fe partnership, while the internal world is a very clinical detail-structure-analysis Ti-Si combination. Hence, the outward behaviour of an INTP can contrast strongly with his introspective world." Even a very mature and balanced INTP would probably still often present a very silly and childish outward face. I think that's just part of our personality, and I don't think it's a weakness.
    I think you just crawled inside my brain and applied verbal laxative to my thoughts
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

This is somewhat embarrassing, but after being accused elsewhere of being an INFP, I think I actually might be. I'm just an INFP who would dearly like to suppress their emotions. I wish I was an INTP...

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is somewhat embarrassing, but after being accused elsewhere of being an INFP, I think I actually might be. I'm just an INFP who would dearly like to suppress their emotions. I wish I was an INTP...
    Let me guess, it was another NF that told you this, yes? You shouldn't have drank that stuff.

FWIW, I've been told this by quite a few people, too. There's often a lot of similarities between the two types.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Why did they accuse you of being an NF? Not being an emotionless robot != INFP.

"feeling" is not emotions.

If someone asks you what your favorite food is, and you can give an answer with a strong conviction, you might be an INFP. Feeling is more like attraction and repulsion. I know that's not a perfect method, but it's better than whether or not you have strong emotions.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    If someone asks you what your favorite food is, and you can give an answer with a strong conviction, you might be an INFP. Feeling is more like attraction and repulsion. I know that's not a perfect method, but it's better than whether or not you have strong emotions.
    What if you like too many things to list a definite favorite in pretty much every category? Or there is an answer but you have to think about it critically to determine what it is. Or most of your likes change with your mood, but there are things you like consistently, and your dislikes remain constant.

I'm acting like there is a serious relationship between preferences and Fi, but if there is any kind of connection I'd like to know what it is. Does this mean Fi dom/aux people know what they want usually?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

My current thinking right now is that it's very important for dating, especially in the "shopping" period. If we're incompatible, isn't it better for everyone involved to know that up front?
    I identify with this 100%.

My ENTJ ex and I on our first date cautiously started talking about baggage/weaknesses because the flow of the conversation led there, verbalized that it is usually not appropriate, and then mutually decided screw it; we then went on to both put all our cards on the table, and felt a strong sense of trust and honesty afterward. That was one of the things I liked most about him; I could say absolutely anything and know that he would neither get offended nor think I was too weird to date, and I knew whatever he said to me was not intended to be insulting; I knew we could be completely honest with each other all the time. Sadly, such people are rare.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Just when I think I'm sure about something, someone questions it and I'm unsure again. Time for a re-reexamination.

I know that having strong emotions is not an indication of either Ti or Fi. Both INTP and INFP have very strong emotions, and both appear to have quite a lot of temperamental similarities, so I'm having quite a hard time figuring it out. But when I think it out there are two things that come to mind:

1. I don't usually take criticism well. This would put me on the INFP side of things. Though if I was an INTP it could be explained in terms of an outbreak of Fe, since I'm usually stressed at the time, but I'm not sure that's it. It's heavy evidence in favour of INFP.

2. I can't listen passively to nonsense. This kind of behaviour is usually associated with INTP. If someone says something illogical, irrational, or which I strongly disagree with, I will correct them, or else start an argument. I have no idea if there are INFPs like this, to be honest most descriptions I've read on INFPs don't seem to be very good.

The problem is (and this is a characteristic of both types) I'm really good at seeing connections between different ideas, so when I look at these two personality types and then at my life I find that I can explain it in terms of either. So now I'm sitting on the fence again, but still leaning towards INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

If someone asks you what your favorite food is, and you can give an answer with a strong conviction, you might be an INFP. Feeling is more like attraction and repulsion.
    There are very few questions that start with "What is your favourite _____?" that I can answer with conviction. There are a few things that I know that I like, and a few things that I know I dislike. Everything else is just sort of vague.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

*Sigh*, but I was just reading some INFP posts and they seem like that too.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    What if you like too many things to list a definite favorite in pretty much every category? Or there is an answer but you have to think about it critically to determine what it is. Or most of your likes change with your mood, but there are things you like consistently, and your dislikes remain constant.

I'm acting like there is a serious relationship between preferences and Fi, but if there is any kind of connection I'd like to know what it is. Does this mean Fi dom/aux people know what they want usually?
    My current thinking is "yes" at least for any given moment. They aren't going to say "'oh, this is my favorite" and then have doubts. It will seem like a certain thing at the time, even if it changes later.

I could be way off, but this is the impression I get from both reading Jung and some experience dating Fi dom/auxes.

Just when I think I'm sure about something, someone questions it and I'm unsure again. Time for a re-reexamination.

I know that having strong emotions is not an indication of either Ti or Fi. Both INTP and INFP have very strong emotions, and both appear to have quite a lot of temperamental similarities, so I'm having quite a hard time figuring it out. But when I think it out there are two things that come to mind:

1. I don't usually take criticism well. This would put me on the INFP side of things. Though if I was an INTP it could be explained in terms of an outbreak of Fe, since I'm usually stressed at the time, but I'm not sure that's it. It's heavy evidence in favour of INFP.

2. I can't listen passively to nonsense. This kind of behaviour is usually associated with INTP. If someone says something illogical, irrational, or which I strongly disagree with, I will correct them, or else start an argument. I have no idea if there are INFPs like this, to be honest most descriptions I've read on INFPs don't seem to be very good.

The problem is (and this is a characteristic of both types) I'm really good at seeing connections between different ideas, so when I look at these two personality types and then at my life I find that I can explain it in terms of either. So now I'm sitting on the fence again, but still leaning towards INFP.
    There are very few questions that start with "What is your favourite _____?" that I can answer with conviction. There are a few things that I know that I like, and a few things that I know I dislike. Everything else is just sort of vague.
    Everything you just said points to you being a Ti dom. I can't exactly explain Fi, but I think I have somewhat of a sense of what it looks like, and that isn't it. If you were a Fi dom, I'd probably be more puzzled by what you were saying, instead of thinking that it makes a lot of sense.

You want precision, and something logically consistent. You want a consistent answer for what category you fall under. That is not Fi. THat is Ti.

A definite trademark of Fi is that the Fi user thinks that things are too varied and unique to systematize, "You can't put labels on it!"

A general rule of thumb here, therefore, seems to be that if someone is not revealing their type, or putting in some non-MBTI combination of letters, they are a Fi dom or aux. It's surprising how often this works. A lot of Fi dom/auxes don't like MBTI because they see people as too unique to put into categories, or something.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78