User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    xNFJ

I think that I am very childlike when it does come to emotions.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    BUT THERE'S NO FREE CANDY. EVER. NO, NOT EVER. FFS.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Before, I had basically made "playing along" a constant, effectively making it so no one ever really knew me. INTPs have this "chameleon" syndrome, and they do it because they know that they would be getting a lot of attention (as odd) if they didn't. But like I said above, to bond with people you have to share emotions, and that can mean being displeased. Since I've changed, I have had some of the best conversations in my life and have gotten close to people who are incredibly different from me. That never happened before.
    Sometimes, you just have to take that risk and express yourself as you really are, and leave it up to others to decide how they want to react. Sometimes it's good to take risks and say things other people may not approve of.

I find that my emotional life has a dopey, puppy like quality. For instance, when I step back and observe myself, I find that I care about being liked by others to a ridiculous degree, like a dog always trying to please its master and win humans over (and my big brown eyes probably don't help). This happens even in situations where it shouldn't matter. I think it's a sign of growth to recognize this, and to be capable of expressing what's actually on your mind even if you think some people may not like it. In some situations, I think that's important. My current thinking right now is that it's very important for dating, especially in the "shopping" period. If we're incompatible, isn't it better for everyone involved to know that up front?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

*unless the van's driven by an INFJ.
    In that case, yes, there's free candy.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    *unless the van's driven by an INFJ.
    In that case, yes, there's free candy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I guess I'm the only one who's sick of feeling like the only child at the grown-up's emotional dinner party
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who's sick of feeling like the only child at the grown-up's emotional dinner party
    You'll get there eventually. You'll be wrist cutting age 70 rather than age 17.

MBTI
    INTP

I can't fucking wait
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Most INTPs are probably pretty child-like, but I don't think all of it is caused by undeveloped Fe. According to Paul James: "the external world of the INTP involves a very free-spirited Ne-Fe partnership, while the internal world is a very clinical detail-structure-analysis Ti-Si combination. Hence, the outward behaviour of an INTP can contrast strongly with his introspective world." Even a very mature and balanced INTP would probably still often present a very silly and childish outward face. I think that's just part of our personality, and I don't think it's a weakness.

But if it's about emotions that are childish in that they are out of control, inappropriate or disproportionate to the situation, then probably the only way to mature is to express them, make mistakes and learn from that. That sounds right at least. My current attempt to deal with my emotions is a probably very immature goal to just not have negative emotions. When I'm angry or upset I have to analyse whether or not my feelings are justified. If they aren't, I try to put an end to it. And if they are, I try to put an end to it. Now that I've said that, I must admit that I don't like it when I'm too happy around people either, as I tend to make a fool of myself. Haha, I think my goal is really not to have strong emotions of any kind! There's no way it's possible to do that. Wow, I didn't realise I was this immature. Oeufa, you're not alone, I want to grow up too!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigCranberries View Post
    Most INTPs are probably pretty child-like, but I don't think all of it is caused by undeveloped Fe. According to Paul James: "the external world of the INTP involves a very free-spirited Ne-Fe partnership, while the internal world is a very clinical detail-structure-analysis Ti-Si combination. Hence, the outward behaviour of an INTP can contrast strongly with his introspective world." Even a very mature and balanced INTP would probably still often present a very silly and childish outward face. I think that's just part of our personality, and I don't think it's a weakness.

But if it's about emotions that are childish in that they are out of control, inappropriate or disproportionate to the situation, then probably the only way to mature is to express them, make mistakes and learn from that. That sounds right at least. My current attempt to deal with my emotions is a probably very immature goal to just not have negative emotions. When I'm angry or upset I have to analyse whether or not my feelings are justified. If they aren't, I try to put an end to it. And if they are, I try to put an end to it. Now that I've said that, I must admit that I don't like it when I'm too happy around people either, as I tend to make a fool of myself. Haha, I think my goal is really not to have strong emotions of any kind! There's no way it's possible to do that. Wow, I didn't realise I was this immature. Oeufa, you're not alone, I want to grow up too!
    Good post. I agree. I definitely have a goofy outward behavior. I like social groups where I can cut lose and I'm not required to take things/myself too seriously. This fits in with the socionics alpha quadra, which seems to be what my inner circle at work is. I think we've got an ENTP and an ISFJ, in addition to me.

Regarding negative emotions, I think the healthiest way to deal with to them is express them, and if you can't express them, at least acknowledge. "Negative" is a misnomer. They are a way that your mind is letting you know that something is amiss, even if it is only in our head. Regrettably, we live in a culture that places a strong emphasis on positivity and doesn't seem to recognize that these negative emotions have value at all, so it's not unusual that you think that way.

Emotions, even the negativity ones, must be pretty useful, or else natural selection would have done away with them, I think. Sometimes, they are ill-suited for the modern world, but they are nonetheless worth acknowledging because they aren't going to go away. Most people that always try to maintain a "happy face" can't keep that up forever, and the facade drops at the most unexpected moments.

I am trying to learn how to develop a "poker face", though, for workplace related purposes. It would be better in many circumstances to hide my dissatisfaction instead of having it apparent on my face.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78