User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't say we're THAT gullible or unaware of dangers. Mebbe that's just me though.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Any INTPs out there who feel like their feelings have a very childish emotional range? If I were to guess I'd put it down to inferior Fe bubbling to the surface at inopportune moments.

I find it to be much the same with love. Whenever I am in a relationship I seem to revert to childish playfulness (I would say romping if it didn't sound so dirty ). For the first few months of a relationship I am incredibly immature. So much so that when I calm down after a few months, it's usually mistaken for waning interest

So any other INTPs out there who've noticed similar ridiculousness? How do you cope/curb your inner child and pretend to be an adult?
    Yes. But most of the time it's not intentional. Sometimes I don't know that I'm actually feeling anything until I do explode. But this is in relation to others and not self. It all looks so much better inside anyway. It's almost like wanting a cake and knowing exactly how you want it but not being able to put it together just so? That's what expressing everything inside is like...well, sorta.

I will do it intentionally when I think I can deal with whatever unpleasantness instead of speaking up. I'll keep letting it slide, convincing myself that "I'm okay", that I'm making a big deal over nothing and then the straw comes and BOOM. I'm learning to listen to my instincts and not talk myself out of anything.

As far as the other stuff...I'm immune from liking anyone so I do quite well there *looks smug*.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I wouldn't say we're THAT gullible or unaware of dangers. Mebbe that's just me though.
    and me too, i actually think that often INTPs arent very gullible or unaware of dangers
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

It's almost like wanting a cake and knowing exactly how you want it but not being able to put it together just so? That's what expressing everything inside is like...well, sorta.
    YES. So much

I will do it intentionally when I think I can deal with whatever unpleasantness instead of speaking up. I'll keep letting it slide, convincing myself that "I'm okay", that I'm making a big deal over nothing and then the straw comes and BOOM. I'm learning to listen to my instincts and not talk myself out of anything.
    Yeah I get this too... I try to "check in" with myself once a day though. I stop and ask myself what mood I'm in, and how I feel about some major points of the day. It's reasonably reliable at preventing spontaneous brain-melty moments.

As far as the other stuff...I'm immune from liking anyone so I do quite well there *looks smug*.
    I hate you so much right now . I'm a terrible flirt with anyone who might respond to it, regardless of how I feel about it (cause Cthulhu knows I don't actually know how I feel about people) so I just make a shameless embarrassment of myself all the time
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I hate you so much right now . I'm a terrible flirt with anyone who might respond to it, regardless of how I feel about it (cause Cthulhu knows I don't actually know how I feel about people) so I just make a shameless embarrassment of myself all the time
    Now I admit to this...I can be a terrible flirt as well (another stupid INTP stereotype blown to bits...don't worry--I can do the stiff and withdrawn stuff still). With men and women. But I'm just having a bit of fun with them. It's like a game, playing ball with a little spin on it. I get real unhappy when someone doesn't want to play...

MBTI
    INTP

Nah I think it's worse when they respond too well to the flirting and I'm like, "Woah dude I was only being weird, don't be taking me so srs"
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    and me too, i actually think that often INTPs arent very gullible or unaware of dangers

Yeah, I was sort of exaggerating it for humor's sake.. But certain things regarding [perhaps more Se crap] your immediate surroundings "in the moment" appear to be missed. Like being so absorbed in your thoughts you almost get hit crossing a street, or- just parking in bad locations where you might get ticketed or mugged, etc. I guess that's not entirely childlike (I'm a sensortard too), but I find I more often end up correcting my friend with this stuff when she's most excited/absorbed in some ideas. Reminds me a bit of a kid hearing the ice cream truck & sprinting in that direction without regard for traffic.. shoes.. & soforth. That one-track mindedness, being somewhere else. Potential consequences quietly slide to the backburner.

Again, not always necessarily childlike.. but.. I can't resist making jokes at the expense of INTPs. Even lame ones (as if NFs/women can actually be funny, anyway).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I often feel like my emotional responses are not quite appropriate for the situation. Sometimes it's a matter of of overreacting to something that's really not a big deal. Kinda like crying over spilled milk. Or even the opposite where I underreact. Sometimes the reactions can be embarrassing- like laughing during something that's supposed to be sad. When inferior Fe takes over, I feel like I must react, that my emotional reaction is entirely justified and then when I get out of the grip of the inferior, I realized just how much a fool I made of myself.

Is this common with other INTPs?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I often feel like my emotional responses are not quite appropriate for the situation. Sometimes it's a matter of of overreacting to something that's really not a big deal. Kinda like crying over spilled milk. Or even the opposite where I underreact. Sometimes the reactions can be embarrassing- like laughing during something that's supposed to be sad. When inferior Fe takes over, I feel like I must react, that my emotional reaction is entirely justified and then when I get out of the grip of the inferior, I realized just how much a fool I made of myself.

Is this common with other INTPs?
    sounds a bit emotionally retarded. possibly
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    usually after rigorous questioning, you guys will bite but i think it depends on how elaborate the lie is
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee