User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default xNTP's: When is it time to stop analyzing and actually take action?

I know for myself as an ENTP, I find it very hard to stop analyzing something, and to actually take action. It's like I want to understand something as thoroughly as possible, but yet many times time won't allow this and many times I will just have to get a "pretty good" understanding of something and then just take action and figure out the rest later. Many times I still don't know when to stop analyzing though. Fellow NTP's: when do you know when it's time to stop analyzing something and to actually take action?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Not an NTP, but I'm an analyzer. I always found this Colin Powellism sensible and empowering.

Part I: "Use the formula P=40 to 70, in which P stands for the probably of success and the numbers indicate the percentage of information acquired." Part II: "Once the information is in the 40 to 70 range, go with your gut." This is about balancing data and information gathering with your instincts. Learn to trust your gut (which is about trusting your experience.) Sure you’ll make mistakes, but you’ll also learn. In the real world, you don’t have infinite time to explore every problem until you have all the possible information. Instead, it’s about satisficing to get things done. You have to find potential solutions that fit and test them against reality to see what sticks.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

hmm, ill think about it and get back to you
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    hmm, ill think about it and get back to you
    Beat me to it...same too.

Society

i take action without being certain that i know enough about something all the time, figuring things out as i go along. if i would wait for absolute certainty about anything i would have never learned to crawl out of the slight possibility that the ground would kick me back.

honestly its only in recent years that i've gone into moments of freezing when the stakes are too high (a.k..a inclusive of loved ones)... before that, when it was just me, that didn't matter either.

seems to me to just be a matter of confidence.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When the benefit of further analyzing is less than the benefit of taking action; or when understanding the nuances of the situation doesn't really impact what answer you will pick.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

when you feel like it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

When your next goal is in danger.
    So you have to learn to set goals.

I work with an entj who has very well defined goals, mine are fuzzier but I realised setting goals was necessary to work effectively with him as well as of course in my own interest.

Being a high risk taker balanced with a risk minimization adept I had to learn to define goals to correctly manage risk.

So: ask yourself what you want and keep refining it. It takes time. It s counter intuitive for ntps: but i d recommend it for any ntp who want to get as much options as possible.

A good thing to focus on is cash related: money and levers used to get more money gives you liberty to be as Ne as you want as long as it gets you that next cash flow.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

guess its related to what is important to you as well. Money and cash didnt let me feel more Ne, people do I can surround myself with, who share my perception of the world. Same applies to logic, intps like analyze everything, I think thats a mistake. I keep my Ti to math questions and decide by what I want regulary, disregardless if its rational or not. Only thing thats important is to have consitency in your actions, that makes yourself feel more safe and confident.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

When the meteor is already in the garden.

Geniuses those NTP's, geniuses at procrastination. Meanwhile Ernie the ESTJ has made a killing the cock....sorry Stock market.

The prick, but at least he isn't a genius....I'm going to spit on his jag later, the balding twat....just let me finish this JSA application.

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.