User Tag List

First 12

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

When there is a deadline that kicks my butt and forces me to make a decision. Or when I feel like being spontaneous and get all inspired to use my extraverted functions and live life.

@Qlip, that's a good formula. And @Jennifer, very rational. Borrowing from the INTJ's in seeing the big picture, which INTP's sometimes forget when they get lost in the details.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    hmm, ill think about it and get back to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Beat me to it...same too.
    lol, that's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i take action without being certain that i know enough about something all the time, figuring things out as i go along. if i would wait for absolute certainty about anything i would have never learned to crawl out of the slight possibility that the ground would kick me back.

honestly its only in recent years that i've gone into moments of freezing when the stakes are too high (a.k..a inclusive of loved ones)... before that, when it was just me, that didn't matter either.

seems to me to just be a matter of confidence.
    I think it's because you're a core 7w8. They are much more action oriented and look like core gut types.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    When your next goal is in danger.
    So you have to learn to set goals.

I work with an entj who has very well defined goals, mine are fuzzier but I realised setting goals was necessary to work effectively with him as well as of course in my own interest.

Being a high risk taker balanced with a risk minimization adept I had to learn to define goals to correctly manage risk.

So: ask yourself what you want and keep refining it. It takes time. It s counter intuitive for ntps: but i d recommend it for any ntp who want to get as much options as possible.

A good thing to focus on is cash related: money and levers used to get more money gives you liberty to be as Ne as you want as long as it gets you that next cash flow.
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    When there is a deadline that kicks my butt and forces me to make a decision. Or when I feel like being spontaneous and get all inspired to use my extraverted functions and live life.

Qlip, that's a good formula. And Jennifer, very rational. Borrowing from the INTJ's in seeing the big picture, which INTP's sometimes forget when they get lost in the details.
    That's very interesting that you say that INTP's often fail to see the big picture. I haven't noticed this. Also would you say that the same thing applies to ENTP's?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That's very interesting that you say that INTP's often fail to see the big picture. I haven't noticed this. Also would you say that the same thing applies to ENTP's?
    They very much see the big picture in terms of the underlying concepts, but they can lose track of the greater meaning and purpose of things when analyzing something to death. I think it's less true of ENTP's because it's more of an excess of Ti; ENTP's Ne balances it out because it lacks the patience to obsess over things.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I think it's because you're a core 7w8. They are much more action oriented and look like core gut types.
    actually i relate to a lot more to the 7w6 extended descriptions then i do in the 7w8 - particularly in regards to behavior in relationships. i do recognize that i have some 8 in me, but it isn't even close to balancing out the 6.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    actually i relate to a lot more to the 7w6 extended descriptions then i do in the 7w8 - particularly in regards to behavior in relationships. i do recognize that i have some 8 in me, but it isn't even close to balancing out the 6.
    Then you're probably 7w6(sw8w7) then.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wait a second, so at some point I'm supposed to stop analyzing and take action!? That explains a lot!

I struggle with this for sure but at the end of the day, you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down. While the view may be amazing from the cliff I'd rather soar than wonder what could be. I also don't avoid risk as much as many, jump high and hope but know in doing so the landings become harder. I have faith in myself to never allow an experience to become a waste by learning nothing from it. Have fun, enjoy life, don't take life too seriously, risk it all once in awhile, don't get HIV and try to keep all of your limbs, ideally attached.