Thread: INTJ Artists

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

@Ene I say you're an INFJ.

Enneagram
    9w8

I've tested as both, Stephano, so I'm not inclined to rule it out.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I've tested as both, Stephano, so I'm not inclined to rule it out.
    The Fe perspective is obvious though, to be honest. I don't see you being ruled by egoic Te.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Enneagram
    9w8

egoic Te...I've never heard it referred to as such. That's an interesting way to put it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I used to draw avidly when I was younger, though it would take me forever. I had to get every bit of it to my idea of perfect. I doodle now when I'm bored, but even then it's in a methodical sense that must be up to my standard. Now I do some photo editing and music videos. But both take me awhile because, again, it must be my idea of 'perfect.'

I've been a writer/storyteller for much of my life. Ghost stories as a kid, tall-tales, and when I discovered play-by-post role-play I was addicted. I like the challenge of constructing characters and laying out the world and plot lines. Sometimes I can get a bit too technical, trying to make sure everything fits. And I can take my research to a few degrees further than I need (but the research is half the fun.) I hope to eventually be able to be published.

WhoCares

Silversmith, and part-time comedian.

I'm not an artist myself, but I work in an artistic environment. My aspiration is to be a writer and I also really like photography. I love cooking too, which isn't credited enough as a creative outlet.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    egoic Te...I've never heard it referred to as such. That's an interesting way to put it.
    Egoic Te = Te as an ego perspective.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MacKellar View Post
    I used to draw avidly when I was younger, though it would take me forever. I had to get every bit of it to my idea of perfect. I doodle now when I'm bored, but even then it's in a methodical sense that must be up to my standard. Now I do some photo editing and music videos. But both take me awhile because, again, it must be my idea of 'perfect.'

I've been a writer/storyteller for much of my life. Ghost stories as a kid, tall-tales, and when I discovered play-by-post role-play I was addicted. I like the challenge of constructing characters and laying out the world and plot lines. Sometimes I can get a bit too technical, trying to make sure everything fits. And I can take my research to a few degrees further than I need (but the research is half the fun.) I hope to eventually be able to be published.
    First, I like your avatar.

Secondly, I wanted to get back to you earlier but didn't get to. I've actually been painting a mural today [with my INTJ partner, looks like we've a good thing going.] We're painting again tomorrow.

I was excited to read about your endeavors as a novelist. I write, too. In fact, I view writing very much as an art. I also love the challenge of constructing characters and plot lines. I also love to build worlds, complete with societies, languages, religions, mathematical systems, geological features. Anyway, when you decide to seek publication with your writing, and if you want any input, give me a holler. I have three novels with traditional houses currently on the market and am helping my Kung Fu master get a book ready for publication right now. What I'm saying is that I would be willing to give you some feedback if you wanted it. If not, there are some great online forums that are aimed at helping writers get published. Ironically, the thing that got me into writing was science fiction and I spent ten years studying genetics, geology, philosophy, religion and astronomy to construct a series of novels set on a world that I built and ended up getting my foot in the door as a mainstream fiction author. It appears that the largest reading audience is comprised of middle class women between the ages of 35 and 50 and their favorite books of choice are mainstream fiction. So, my sci-fi is waiting for the perfect moment to resurface on this planet. Still, as you say, half the fun is the research.

Enneagram
    9w8

Silversmith, and part-time comedian.
    Hey, both of those are arts! Especially, making people laugh.

I'm not an artist myself, but I work in an artistic environment. My aspiration is to be a writer and I also really like photography. I love cooking too, which isn't credited enough as a creative outlet.
    All of those things are certainly creative outlets.

Egoic Te = Te as an ego perspective.
    Yeah, I can see how that could play out.