• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: how do logical fallacies make you feel?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Funny thread title. :laugh:

Some of the logical fallacies people make are a result from emotions taking over when logic should be appropriate.

W

WALMART

If my brother is anything to go by, incredibly emotionally flustered.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Logical fallacies are very interesting, because they reveal a lot about our unconscious side, our fantasies, our hopes, and our intellectual limitations.

Sometimes just as Derrida recommended in his theory of deconstruction, I try to do fallacies on purpose, just to check if there is something outside of the fabric of reality.

Who knows? :harhar:

Lark

F**king insane.

Seriously.

Next to bare faced rationalisations they make me feel like my remaining back teeth are being pulled without anesthetic.

Just how comfortable people are with both, whatever the topic, whatever the partisan position, it doesnt matter in the least I assure you, is my own personal hell.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Well, it makes me think the other person either doesn't understand what he or she is saying, or is choosing to not understand why he or she is wrong. It can be frustrating, especially when it's someone incredibly stubborn. Usually, however, I like to think that the logical fallacies people make in everyday conversation are generally harmless and can be ignored.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Is anyone not bothered by logical fallacies? Of course we are all guilty of them from time to time, but I'm pretty sure everyone hates them.

If anything, I'd guess that P types might be bothered the least by them, if only from experience. Two of the percievers in my household never seem to be bothered by logical inconsistencies, whereas it bugs me to no end!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not NT, but well...

I'm not bothered by logical fallacies as long as the other person is not trying to argue a point. If it's just a random statement then I don't see anything wrong with it. But to be honest, I don't really understand why people would bother to actually 'argue logically' over something in real life. To me it's more: we're not arguing, we're sharing ideas.

I deal with hard-to-please customers from time to time who would justify their complaints using some very spectacular logical fallacies. When I'm in the right mood it can be quite funny.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
they make people interesting.

R

Riva

Logical fallacies are very interesting, because they reveal a lot about our unconscious side, our fantasies, our hopes, and our intellectual limitations. :
+1 If we take the reverse of this, it could be that we use logic to justifty our 'un'conscious tendencies than use logic to form them. Of course it is I told myself.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Logic is the fortress of small minds.

Intuitionism
In the philosophy of mathematics, intuitionism, or neointuitionism (opposed to preintuitionism), is an approach where mathematics is considered to be purely the result of the constructive mental activity of humans rather than the discovery of fundamental principles claimed to exist in an objective reality. That is, logic and mathematics are not considered analytic activities wherein deep properties of objective reality are revealed and applied but are instead considered the application of internally consistent methods used to realize more complex mental constructs, regardless of their possible independent existence in an objective reality.

The one, who claims to be logical should never forget to use "I think" in all his sentences. The moment in which someone sees his logic as the universal truth or in universal validity, he has lost it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assume stupidity until proven otherwise, so fallacies rarely bother me, as they're kinda expected.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They make me want to rip my hair out in frustration. And they sometimes make me angry, if they're done intentionally.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Perhaps not relevant since it isn't one of the specific fallacies and I'm not an NT...but I was once told: "you never laugh at jokes you don't find funny".

I mean....I couldn't even reply to that, I could barely digest what I'd just heard without brain-vomiting.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It ranges from amusement, to annoyance, to anger depending on the situation.

If it's something I don't care about, amusement. If it's something that's a particular hot button issue, annoyance. If it's about something someone is asking me to do, and I have to humor them (i.e., at work), anger.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frustrated and aggravated, whether in myself or others. I just try to listen to the underlying message. And translate it into something that makes sense.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It annoys me that people don't take logical fallacies seriously.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It annoys me that people don't take logical fallacies seriously.

In the West, we had the enlightenment.

The values of the Enlightenment include logic, reason and evidence.

Enlightenment also means "to fill with light."

People on the internet usually also have functioning lightbulbs.

Thus, their homes are fillled with light and are enlightened.

So people that use the Internet are filled with logic and reason, and cannot use fallacies.