User Tag List

123 Last

Society

Cool NTs: how do logical fallacies make you feel?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Funny thread title.

Some of the logical fallacies people make are a result from emotions taking over when logic should be appropriate.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

WALMART

If my brother is anything to go by, incredibly emotionally flustered.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Logical fallacies are very interesting, because they reveal a lot about our unconscious side, our fantasies, our hopes, and our intellectual limitations.

Sometimes just as Derrida recommended in his theory of deconstruction, I try to do fallacies on purpose, just to check if there is something outside of the fabric of reality.

Who knows?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

F**king insane.

Seriously.

Next to bare faced rationalisations they make me feel like my remaining back teeth are being pulled without anesthetic.

Just how comfortable people are with both, whatever the topic, whatever the partisan position, it doesnt matter in the least I assure you, is my own personal hell.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, it makes me think the other person either doesn't understand what he or she is saying, or is choosing to not understand why he or she is wrong. It can be frustrating, especially when it's someone incredibly stubborn. Usually, however, I like to think that the logical fallacies people make in everyday conversation are generally harmless and can be ignored.

your resident asshole

Is anyone not bothered by logical fallacies? Of course we are all guilty of them from time to time, but I'm pretty sure everyone hates them.

If anything, I'd guess that P types might be bothered the least by them, if only from experience. Two of the percievers in my household never seem to be bothered by logical inconsistencies, whereas it bugs me to no end!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not NT, but well...

I'm not bothered by logical fallacies as long as the other person is not trying to argue a point. If it's just a random statement then I don't see anything wrong with it. But to be honest, I don't really understand why people would bother to actually 'argue logically' over something in real life. To me it's more: we're not arguing, we're sharing ideas.

I deal with hard-to-please customers from time to time who would justify their complaints using some very spectacular logical fallacies. When I'm in the right mood it can be quite funny.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

they make people interesting.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Logical fallacies are very interesting, because they reveal a lot about our unconscious side, our fantasies, our hopes, and our intellectual limitations. :
    +1 If we take the reverse of this, it could be that we use logic to justifty our 'un'conscious tendencies than use logic to form them. Of course it is I told myself.