User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    It seems based on this video that INTJs can take parts from the outside world and from them inside their minds forge them together into an ever evolving construction that can develop itself with coming contingencies.

In simple terms, you are saying that INTJs are good at coming up with ideas that can transform in accordance with the context.

I would imagine that this makes them very good at pushing concepts to the limit and from them generating maximum progress.

It's interesting how the external world is used as a focus point from which the internal world expands its own awareness.

Reality I guess is a great inspiration we can use to come up with new mental images, as everything in our mind seems to have its origins in our perceptions.

We need to see the present reality in order to build the vision of the immanent reality.
    I see I never responded to this. The way you worded this is really great and I appreciate it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    I encourage you to add on to my description OR type out your own. Then, everyone will benefit. (Provided what you type out is on target )

But yes, the description could be more fleshed out of course. It was designed for a youtube video though, so that's to be expected (unless I want to make the video longer, but the shorter the better on youtube).
    Well, you could explain more how Ni actually operates as a cognitive perspective which I think is important. I've already written a bit about this:

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Well, you could explain more how Ni actually operates as a cognitive perspective which I think is important. I've already written a bit about this:
    Bravo. This thoroughly deepened my understanding of Ni in Ni-doms. Really, it was wonderfully written.

After reading this, I tried to think where my description might be lacking. My description is more oriented toward those looking for an immediate but shallower understanding than what you wrote. So, as long as I give a surface level/intuitive understanding of the major facets, my description serves its purpose.

So, the question now is, are there any major areas that I did not go into? Also, were the areas that I did describe on-target enough?

I think there is one thing I skipped out on:
    The long-term distillation process.

I don't feel I completely hit the nail on the head for this facet.

Or maybe I did hit it on target enough? What other areas am I missing? If I just fill in those hypothetical areas, will the description be complete (for the purpose it is serving)? Or does the whole description itself need to be changed?

These are the questions I ask myself, and I think your feedback on them would be beneficial.

MBTI
    INTJ

That's great! What in particular was new to you?
    Shortly put, the idea of INTJs being "impression junkies." I had never thought of it that way but now that I read it, it really makes sense to me.

I think you really came up with a point of view into the essence of being an INTJ I have never seen in any type descriptions before, and I dare to say that I have read quite a bunch of them
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Bravo. This thoroughly deepened my understanding of Ni in Ni-doms. Really, it was wonderfully written.

After reading this, I tried to think where my description might be lacking. My description is more oriented toward those looking for an immediate but shallower understanding than what you wrote. So, as long as I give a surface level/intuitive understanding of the major facets, my description serves its purpose.

So, the question now is, are there any major areas that I did not go into? Also, were the areas that I did describe on-target enough?

I think there is one thing I skipped out on:
    The long-term distillation process.

I don't feel I completely hit the nail on the head for this facet.

Or maybe I did hit it on target enough? What other areas am I missing? If I just fill in those hypothetical areas, will the description be complete (for the purpose it is serving)? Or does the whole description itself need to be changed?

These are the questions I ask myself, and I think your feedback on them would be beneficial.
    Well, as an Ni type I kind of resist your Si perspective all together not feeling it really hits the nail at all but always kind of side-stepping what INTJ is. INTJ is first of all Ni + T. Our dominant perspective is focused on Ni, and the way we apprehend Ni data is sorting it through with Te or sometimes also seeking new data in order to feed Ni models. This is the entire article I'm writing in very unedited form, so I apologize if the sections below Ni are messy as they are not finished:

MBTI
    INTP

@LeaT
    I haven't read what you put in the spoiler yet.

To say it "not really hits the nail at all," I would have to disagree, as there have been several INTJs who have had profound reactions to the description.

Also, as a suggestion, I recommend that you don't have such bias against Si. It is probably overall harmful to your understanding and perspective. As an Si-user, I have no such bias against Ni.

Finally, I'll be sure to check out what you put in the spoiler when I get the chance, as I'm sure it's good.

MBTI
    INTP

@gandalf
    Awesome! I almost left that phrase out thinking people would react negatively to it. Others have liked that phrase too, which is a nice surprise haha

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@LeaT
    I haven't read what you put in the spoiler yet.

To say it "not really hits the nail at all," I would have to disagree, as there have been several INTJs who have had profound reactions to the description.

Also, as a suggestion, I recommend that you don't have such bias against Si. It is probably overall harmful to your understanding and perspective. As an Si-user, I have no such bias against Ni.

Finally, I'll be sure to check out what you put in the spoiler when I get the chance, as I'm sure it's good.
    What I mean is that you describe it in very general terms that aren't inaccurate but they don't quite nail it either. And I am not saying I have an inherent bias per se, I am simply stating that what you think is accurate is not necessarily what I think is accurate. This should be discernable alone in the differences of our descriptions.

WhoCares

I didnt get a chance to understand any of it, it was just a busy montage of flashing images that distracted from anything you had to say. The video contained a lot of clutter, something I ferociously liberate myself from on a daily basis. Sensory overload.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I didnt get a chance to understand any of it, it was just a busy montage of flashing images that distracted from anything you had to say. The video contained a lot of clutter, something I ferociously liberate myself from on a daily basis. Sensory overload.
    This has been a common complaint for this specific video. Deviating slightly from what is normally done, in this video more pictures were added and they were displayed for a much shorter period of time. The negative feedback that I received was good because it allowed me to better grasp what the sweet spot is for how many pictures should be displayed and for how long.

What would be interesting would be to see how say ESFPs would react to that amount of pictures flashing for such short periods of time.

But rest assured, pictures will be handled differently in future videos.