User Tag List

First 12

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    i was joking...

that's being said, i can relate - growing up i had a therapist who pointed out the same problem in me. he taught me a guided meditation technique i use to this day (actually the most helpful thing he ever did): you close your eyes, focus on your breathing and follow the oxygen as an entry point to visualize a journey throughout your body (brain included), commanding what you see along the way. and it works really well for me - i can feel muscles tensing when i am focused on them, fingers tingling, etc'. it heightens your sense of connection and familiarity with your body.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i was joking...

that's being said, i can relate - growing up i had a therapist who pointed out the same problem in me. he taught me a guided meditation technique i use to this day (actually the most helpful thing he ever did): you close your eyes, focus on your breathing and follow the oxygen as an entry point to visualize a journey throughout your body (brain included), commanding what you see along the way. and it works really well for me - i can feel muscles tensing when i am focused on them, fingers tingling, etc'. it heightens your sense of connection and familiarity with your body.
    That's a good technique. Speaking of tingling, sometimes when I sit at a computer I get a tingling nerve sensation across the back of my neck. What could be causing that?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't feel energy, just more "presence" or consciousness in my mind. I put just enough energy out into the world to function.
    What is preventing you from putting more energy out in the world?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    What is preventing you from putting more energy out in the world?
    Anxiety.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My INTP husband is the same way. It's funny sometimes. It also makes him perpetually rumpled, which is endearing to someone who has a Columbo fetish.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Not aware like that is is out of wack? or that it just disappears completely for a while?

I can relate to it being out of wack.... tend to have it all-or-nothing ("no I actually didn't realize it was only 60 degrees in the room" "I'm so cold! Someone get me blanket NAO!") Unfortunately lately it has been more overawareness.

But I'm not too sure why it would just not be there at all. Maybe too much internal focus? Dissociation-ishness?

Not sure where to work from without some examples...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Not aware like that is is out of wack? or that it just disappears completely for a while?

I can relate to it being out of wack.... tend to have it all-or-nothing ("no I actually didn't realize it was only 60 degrees in the room" "I'm so cold! Someone get me blanket NAO!") Unfortunately lately it has been more overawareness.

But I'm not too sure why it would just not be there at all. Maybe too much internal focus? Dissociation-ishness?

Not sure where to work from without some examples...
    Lack of bodily awareness can lead to anything from a floating sensation to complete disassociation (out of body experiences). Pain forces me to focus more on my body, as with last week when I hurt my lower back and had to think before making any move that involved those back muscles. Since I now have a sit-down job, I made myself understand that sitting made my back muscles tighten up. But it was a couple more days before I started forcing myself to stand up more at work, and to walk around during breaks in order to loosen up those sore muscles. This helped the healing process along.

Living is very painful for me. It's almost as if my body is trying to tell me something.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I experience this to an extent.

- I'm not really aware of the temperature unless it's extremely cold or extremely hot, and people often say, "Aren't you freezing?"

- Like bologna, I'm not often aware of whether medicines are working.

- I don't experience changes in how I feel based on certain foods like a lot of people. Like, I don't notice caffeine having any effect either when I have it or don't. I don't understand when people stay away from certain foods because of how they might make them feel, like "Oh X food makes me gassy" or "X food makes me want a nap".
    I'm sometimes like this regarding temperature.

I used to be more like this regarding food. I have developed more of an awareness- there are foods that seem to make me tired or make me stomach feel heavy. What's less obvious is how food affects me emotionally- I haven't really taken much notice. I know that caffeine will make me feel more energetic for awhile but that's about it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne