User Tag List

First 456

I'm doing a walking meditation. My meditation takes me below my defence mechanisms to my highly responsive self. Yes, I am characterised by high responsiveness to internal and external stimulae. However I have learnt to inhibit my high responsiveness because it is socially unacceptable. So now with my walking meditation I am deliberately removing my defence mechanisms and releasing my highly responsive self. It's like trying to learn to ride on a 1,000cc motorcycle.

Enneagram
    9w8

I practice a form of meditation known as circle walking and another known as wu chi.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I'm doing a walking meditation. My meditation takes me below my defence mechanisms to my highly responsive self. Yes, I am characterised by high responsiveness to internal and external stimulae. However I have learnt to inhibit my high responsiveness because it is socially unacceptable. So now with my walking meditation I am deliberately removing my defence mechanisms and releasing my highly responsive self. It's like trying to learn to ride on a 1,000cc motorcycle.
    Mole, this sounds like a positive thing for you. I hope you reap many rewards.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

meditater here

lolz... tater...

anyway I find if I sit down and focus my breathing I can observe as my thoughts pass. it helps when I'm overwhelmed with too many things going on at once. It helps me prioritize what is important and what is not. I'll also be upset over something said days ago but have so many other distractionary stressors piled on top that I'll forget why I was upset to begin with. Meditation helps me seek out the root causes and chill out. When I'm frustrated with something, it feels like I'm having a stroke with regard to my cognitive ability. My thoughts just seem to gridlock and I turn into bill o'reilly before he yelled "F it we're doin it live".

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i like to defragment. it allows me to have a clear perspective and continue to view things in a different way.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    i like to defragment. it allows me to have a clear perspective and continue to view things in a different way.

defragment? care to explain? like "defragmenting your HD"? how does that work?