User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: NT Anthems

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    That's the funny thing... Bach was an unbelievably pious and God-loving man... (does that go against being NT? very hard question... since everyone seems to think we're robots... let's read Arthur C. Clarke and find out)

BUT... Bach's incredibly sophisticated and inventive use, unmatched before or after, of counterpoint... building haunting and joyful and (every other emotion possible) melodies from basso lines... shows me a man who could tap into the highest spiritual and emotional aspects of humankind while working with a completely logical and intuitive system... not the "sprung out of thin air" kind of composer.... though in classical and jazz that's very rare... everyone works with a system... he OWNED the system... seems pretty NT to me...

Miles Davis... he claimed that if there were a God, it was a God he'd communed with only in the heights of his musical rapture... I like it.

__________________________________________________ ___________

As for your and my separation at birth... well, hey... let's find something to argue about... isn't that what siblings do?
    Alas, I'm not familiar with Arthur C. Clarke. Ohh... 2001... He married a presbyterian! I'm a presbyterian! :lol:

I hope to reply to a post or two of yours in the near future. (specifically, there's a thread where we were discussing essence and specific difference. I will get back to you on that. I hope. Dammit.) I'm sure we can find plenty of other things to argue about too.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I can't imagine a god would find meaningful our assessment of right v. wrong.

We're a profoundly petty species - if this apparent to humans, can you imagine how disappointing we are to a god?
    Exactly!

The human failure to know the difference between good and evil is one of the most prominent themes in all of scripture!

GAH!

sigh...

Some day, my friend, some day.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Now THAT is a good one to jam out to. I used to play that on my radio show all the time.
    You had a radio show?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    You had a radio show?
    Maybe he still does.

[youtube=H__25sN9rPk]Perfect Circle-Passive[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: It's the character in the video and the message in the lyrics that reminds me of an INTJ.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 06-30-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    You had a radio show?
    Yep, for two summers I was a volunteer DJ at Texas A&M's student-run station. They didn't let high school students do it during the regular term but in the summer I could, so in the summer of 92 I had my show "Jeff's Vital Music 'N Stuff" (the title came from a Married with Children episode where Kelly had a cable access tv show called "Kelly's Vital Social Issues n Stuff") that show I pretty much played whatever I wanted, the following year I did a show called "The Rhythm Zone" which I specialized a little more, playing mostly dance/rap/rhythmic stuff, though I occasionally went off the format. I closed every show I did with "Soul Serenade" by David Sanborn. Good times.

Maybe he still does.
    Alas, no. I pitched some countdown shows for contemporary Christian music to syndicators back in the early 2000's, both as the host and as a writer, but neither were picked up. The countdown I was head writer for was heard worldwide on Gorillaforce.com for a few months though. We had a potential meeting to get it on American Family Radio's 200 plus stations when the company that ran Gorillaforce pulled the plug to focus on the only thing that was making them money, customized streams for businesses. My radio career has been stagnant ever since.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    epyT

Some of the songs from King Crimson's "Discipline" could work.

Discipline

Elephant Talk

Frame by Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'll have a go at this.

YouTube - Nirvana-In Bloom
    "In Bloom" has always been my favorite Nirvana song lyrically. It's so enlightening about Kurt Cobain's almost pathological fear of being successful.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I can't imagine a god would find meaningful our assessment of right v. wrong.

We're a profoundly petty species - if this apparent to humans, can you imagine how disappointing we are to a god?
    I can't bring myself to believe in a God which is a 'who' with personality. It doesn't make sense to me... I'm more of a Spinozan, which pretty much makes me an atheist.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

Kraftwerk - The Robots
    Rammstein - Engel "Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein"
    Interpol - Untitled "I will surprise you sometime. I'll come around....when you're down"
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I second Bach, and offer a nod to WFB by submitting the Allegro Assai from Brandenburg Concerto No. 2.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    I second Bach, and offer a nod to WFB by submitting the Allegro Assai from Brandenburg Concerto No. 2.
    WFB: William F. Buckley? Wells Fargo Bank? World Fellowship of Buddhists?
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.