User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 106

Thread: NT Anthems

  1. #21
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Radiohead is essential for me.

  2. #22
    Member jungie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    50

    Default

    aaah Radiohead

    concert in Berlin on 8 July - mmmm - lost in dreamland :-)))))))))

  3. #23
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Youtube - Beethoven's 7th, 2nd movement

    I hope it's not only INTPs who like Tool. They're excellent musicians. They're a wee bit angst ridden and angry, but that's forgivable in view of contemporary culture.
    I wanted to add some purely instrumental music, but was conflicted... I assumed anthems should have words... but, following your example, I'd add, particularly since NTs are supposed to be rigorous but daring thinkers:

    practically anything by J.S. Bach (aka God)...

    But we could start with his Ciaccone for solo violin plus the rest of the Sonatas and Partitas... and his Art of Fugue...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  4. #24
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Radiohead is essential for me.
    Yes... I thought Radiohead was a glaring lacuna... a lot of the other songs listed have been a little weak, IMHO.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  5. #25
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I wanted to add some purely instrumental music, but was conflicted... I assumed anthems should have words... but, following your example, I'd add, particularly since NTs are supposed to be rigorous but daring thinkers:

    practically anything by J.S. Bach (aka God)...

    But we could start with his Ciaccone for solo violin plus the rest of the Sonatas and Partitas... and his Art of Fugue...
    I'm flabbergasted. He's by far my favorite composer.

    You do know Bach composed music to the glory of God?

    That's it. We were separated at birth. That's the only logical explanation. That or I'm a closet ENTP.

  6. #26
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I'm flabbergasted. He's by far my favorite composer.

    You do know Bach composed music to the glory of God?

    That's it. We were separated at birth. That's the only logical explanation. That or I'm a closet ENTP.
    That's the funny thing... Bach was an unbelievably pious and God-loving man... (does that go against being NT? very hard question... since everyone seems to think we're robots... let's read Arthur C. Clarke and find out)

    BUT... Bach's incredibly sophisticated and inventive use, unmatched before or after, of counterpoint... building haunting and joyful and (every other emotion possible) melodies from basso lines... shows me a man who could tap into the highest spiritual and emotional aspects of humankind while working with a completely logical and intuitive system... not the "sprung out of thin air" kind of composer.... though in classical and jazz that's very rare... everyone works with a system... he OWNED the system... seems pretty NT to me...

    Miles Davis... he claimed that if there were a God, it was a God he'd communed with only in the heights of his musical rapture... I like it.

    __________________________________________________ ___________

    As for your and my separation at birth... well, hey... let's find something to argue about... isn't that what siblings do?
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

  7. #27
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    That's the funny thing... Bach was an unbelievably pious and God-loving man... (does that go against being NT? very hard question... since everyone seems to think we're robots... let's read Arthur C. Clarke and find out)
    I can't imagine a god would find meaningful our assessment of right v. wrong.

    We're a profoundly petty species - if this apparent to humans, can you imagine how disappointing we are to a god?

  8. #28
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #29
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Well, they're NTJ anthems at least...

    Neurosonic-So Many People

    Megadeth- Symphony Of Destruction
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  10. #30
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Now THAT is a good one to jam out to. I used to play that on my radio show all the time.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT Anthems!
    By PurpleCloud in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO