123 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default ENTPs and Dating

ENTPs which types do you find your selves dating most? Or is there not one specific type or group of types that you find attractive?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I'll preface this with what I spout every time I answer a question like this: I think that "what types go best together" questions are sort of bollocks.

But...

... There's definitely been a pattern of NF friends, teachers, and love interests who've enriched my life much more than most other people.

Also...

... I don't really "date" per se, so I feel a bit silly answering your question. My prior relationships have had that weird, amorphous dynamic that just grew organically, and seemingly from nowhere.

(Sorry for going overboard with the ellipses.)

But, you know, on second thought, I may admit to having a bit of a fetish involving KY jelly, handcuffs, and an ENFP -- but that's all. Seriously. And that's normal. Right? Right.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    But, you know, on second thought, I may admit to having a bit of a fetish involving KY jelly, handcuffs, and an ENFP -- but that's all. Seriously. And that's normal. Right? Right.
    Totally normal.

Hmm... lucky girl this ENFP must be.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

I haven't dated, but I've had somewhat of a thing for INTP's and INTJ's.

MBTI
    ENTP

I made the massive mistake of dating two xSTJ's and it was the worst thing I ever did... as for types that attract me?

I have a thing for ESFPs. Though I think my best fits ever have been ENFPs and INTPs.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I've been happily married to an INFJ for six years now. I just want to add that type is just one factor in compatability though. Having compatable values and interests is at least as important.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    ... I don't really "date" per se, so I feel a bit silly answering your question. My prior relationships have had that weird, amorphous dynamic that just grew organically, and seemingly from nowhere.
    I agree with this, personally I'm not big on the whole love at first sight kinda thing for me it's something that develops over a period of time, I want to know the person before I make any commitment (perhaps that's the NT speaking). Unfortunately it can become a bit of a double edged sword at times as this can lead to ending up in the dreaded "friendzone" <shudder>
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    I agree with this, personally I'm not big on the whole love at first sight kinda thing for me it's something that develops over a period of time, I want to know the person before I make any commitment (perhaps that's the NT speaking). Unfortunately it can become a bit of a double edged sword at times as this can lead to ending up in the dreaded "friendzone" <shudder>
    That's a good point... I don't date until I've already started a relationship though... does that sound weird? Well, what I mean is... a lot of my long-term relationships have started with meetings through friends or encounters in class... then moved on to a phone call to hang out or something... often enough with other people... it was easy on a college campus to just get to know each other without having to set up dates, per se... instead we'd just bump into each other all the time, go out for lunch... but that formal air of a date wasn't there... THEN we might go out for a party or dinner at night, perhaps the first true date of the nascent relationship, and end up hooking up and realizing this was going to have to be explored... then we'd 'date', as it were... does what I'm saying make sense?

Meaning, I don't tend to date strange women (hee HEE!) and then find myself in a relationship... I find myself in a relationship and then date a woman I've already gotten to know a little...

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    ENTPs which types do you find your selves dating most? Or is there not one specific type or group of types that you find attractive?
    A lot of my friends are ENTPs so I know a little about them

Usually I think ENTPs like ENFJs; this match seems to be a good balance. They both like doing things together, and need time alone- but not need to be each other all the time, as each type has a strong independent streak. ENFJs are also charming and unleashes the female ENTPs inner sex goddess.

I have another close male friend ENTP who is dating the opposite type- ISFJ and often they have communication problems. She's also quite regimented and structured while he is only so in his thinking style. They're a cute couple but newish.
    I haven't seen them together, but he and I often talk and discuss ways to get the ISFJ to loosen up a bit

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    A lot of my friends are ENTPs so I know a little about them

Usually I think ENTPs like ENFJs; this match seems to be a good balance. They both like doing things together, and need time alone- but not need to be each other all the time, as each type has a strong independent streak. ENFJs are also charming and unleashes the female ENTPs inner sex goddess.

I have another close male friend ENTP who is dating the opposite type- ISFJ and often they have communication problems. She's also quite regimented and structured while he is only so in his thinking style. They're a cute couple but newish.
    I haven't seen them together, but he and I often talk and discuss ways to get the ISFJ to loosen up a bit
    I've never been able to get really deep into a friendship with an ENFJ... they're exciting and fun, often... when we argue, we're almost always not merely disagreeing, but talking at cross-purposes, which takes all the fun out of the (typically friendly) argument.

Good luck to your friend... as an ENTP I can't really work out deep relationships of any kind with Sensual judging types... they're too rigid... and if they're introverted to boot? God help me.

__________________________________________________ _______

I read somewhere that INFJs and INTJs are natural partners for ENTPs... but from what little I know about INTJs, I don't think I'd be happy with a stereotypical INTJ at all... too distanced... I need a feeler to balance me out... so an INFJ sounds pretty good... or if she's not a feeler, she needs to be a perceiver, so she can adapt more to changing circumstances and my changing moral universe... I don't have a steady way of looking at the world: it changes all the time... my partner cannot be inflexible when it comes to at least accommodating my flux.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.