• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Why do ENTPs argue all the time?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read some ENTP acronym that said everything is negotiable! Discuss:

S

Society

For starters, get a better acronym.

How about Everyone Nagotiates The Payment? Everyone Nevigates The Potentials? Everyone Naglects Their Promises? Exstensively Nibbling Their pets? Existential Neuroticism, Their Pet?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because they enjoy doing so?

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so

Not everything is negotiable, but if you want to know where someone really stands, debate them about something they care about.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it's fun? I can relate to that quality in them...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Where is the P?

Personal theory is that debate allows Ne to stretch its wings while also refining Ti.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Makes them feel witty. That's usually combined with an E7 tendency of assuming that everything they say or do is kind of awesome.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Other types will ferociously argue as well, usually for ethical or Te reasons; ENTPs seem to argue specifically, though, for the sake of fun or entertainment, and will argue about things they don't even think or mean, they kind of creep me out sometimes, like "are these the sorts of people who conduct experiments on animals in their rock-bottom form?"

Don't get me wrong, I find their ideas stimulating sometimes, they keep me entertained when I don't hate their guts. I tend to either love or hate them.

I kind of agree with @gingko, though, that a lot of stuff you say is so absurd that it invites conversation.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because they're buttholes.

R

Riva

Fun and to be impressive are what most non-entps think entps are doing. But what most don't see is that entps arguing to make people laugh and making people laugh is one of the main ways entps use to bond with others. So the next time an entp is arguing with you think because maybe the entp is trying to make you laugh. Teasing and making people laugh goes hand in hand for entps. However not all who claim to be entp are entps, those who have these mistaken identities (by purpose or lack of knowledge) might argue to fit the entp stereotype. And most importantly in the internet due to the absence of seeing the entp with one's own eyes one might not realize what the entp is really trying to do.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
I love how ENTP call others out on their bullshit always parodying everything. Its like an INTP with less ass kissing. Still I find them at times a bit crazy or embarrassing. They never seem to stop giggling about something. Extraverts never seem to sit their ass down and talk.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Really? No one has had the inclination to shout: "WHY DON'T YOU ARGUE ALL TEH TIMES?"

Huh.