123 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default NT protagonists.

After doing the Game of Thrones quiz, and unsurprisingly getting Tyrion Lannister, I realized that part of the appeal of the series to me is that at least one of the protagonists is an NT (Vague book five spoilers
    ). The more I thought about it, the more I realized how rare this actually is in fiction.

While it's not uncommont to be "good guys", but we're more likely to be a mentor figure or an ally or a sidekick. It's not that often that we are the hero. This makes me wonder if anyone can think or other works (medium doesn't matter.) with NT protagonists. (Again, a Yoda-type mentor figure doesn't count.)

The only other one I can think of is the eponymous Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.

Can anyone think of others? The more obscure, the better! (though certainly not a requirement)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Bean in the Ender series seems like an NT to me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Bean in the Ender series seems like an NT to me.
    I haven't read that series, but I've been meaning to check it out. Is it worth reading even if you know the ending of the first book?

Could Sherlock Holmes be an NT? As much as I would like to, I think he's one "smart" character NT's certainly can't claim. He seems to using sensing a lot, unless perhaps extroverted thinking could account for the attention to physical detail. He cracks cases by collecting all sorts of details, and then deducing from them. Stuff that would probably escape the attention of a Ne user, for sure. We tend to overlook if we have a piece of broccoli stuck in our teeth.

As eccentric as Holmes is, he's very aware of the physical environment. He'd be either an ISTP or ISTJ. I'm not sure whether his sensing is extroverted or introverted.

Regarding your sig, Ayn Rand's protagonists are probably NTs, as much as it pains to me say. Some day, I'll actually read her so I can legitimately complain.

I wonder what Kurt Vonnegut's temperament is? NT, or NF? For some reason, I view NT's as being good at satire. NFP's don't strike me as being good at it, but I'm not sure about NFJ's. If Kurt Vonnegut is an NT, his avatar, Kilgore Trout of Breakfast of Champions, must be also.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I haven't read that series, but I've been meaning to check it out. Is it worth reading even if you know the ending of the first book?
    I think so. The first and second books at least. After that, I think the quality is generally considered to go down. And some folks are not fans of the author because of his political stances.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Briony Tallis (Atonement)
    Samuel Pickwick (The Pickwick Papers)
    The Time Traveller (The Time Machine)
    Gulliver (Gulliver's Travels)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

ENTP: Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
    INTP: Meredith Grey (Grey's Anatomy)
    INTJ: Aaron Hotchner (Criminal Minds)
    ENTJ: Dorothy Zbornak (Golden Girls)

Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    Briony Tallis (Atonement)
    Yes! You beat me to mentioning her. INTJ, right? Atonement is one of my favorite novels so I got excited.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

Yes! You beat me to mentioning her. INTJ, right? Atonement is one of my favorite novels so I got excited.
    Yes, I'd say she was very INTJ. I really like her as a character, especially as a child.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Eisenheim from The Illusionist strikes me as INxJ, though I find feeler more likely.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

I'll throw Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas) out there too.

These stand out to me as NTs:

Sanjuro (Yojimbo)
    Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)
    Zecks Marquise (Gundam Wing)
    JC Denton (original Deus Ex)

Maybe Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice?