• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT protagonists.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
After doing the Game of Thrones quiz, and unsurprisingly getting Tyrion Lannister, I realized that part of the appeal of the series to me is that at least one of the protagonists is an NT (Vague book five spoilers
). The more I thought about it, the more I realized how rare this actually is in fiction.

While it's not uncommont to be "good guys", but we're more likely to be a mentor figure or an ally or a sidekick. It's not that often that we are the hero. This makes me wonder if anyone can think or other works (medium doesn't matter.) with NT protagonists. (Again, a Yoda-type mentor figure doesn't count.)

The only other one I can think of is the eponymous Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.

Can anyone think of others? The more obscure, the better! (though certainly not a requirement)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Bean in the Ender series seems like an NT to me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bean in the Ender series seems like an NT to me.

I haven't read that series, but I've been meaning to check it out. Is it worth reading even if you know the ending of the first book?

Could Sherlock Holmes be an NT? As much as I would like to, I think he's one "smart" character NT's certainly can't claim. He seems to using sensing a lot, unless perhaps extroverted thinking could account for the attention to physical detail. He cracks cases by collecting all sorts of details, and then deducing from them. Stuff that would probably escape the attention of a Ne user, for sure. We tend to overlook if we have a piece of broccoli stuck in our teeth.

As eccentric as Holmes is, he's very aware of the physical environment. He'd be either an ISTP or ISTJ. I'm not sure whether his sensing is extroverted or introverted.

Regarding your sig, Ayn Rand's protagonists are probably NTs, as much as it pains to me say. Some day, I'll actually read her so I can legitimately complain.

I wonder what Kurt Vonnegut's temperament is? NT, or NF? For some reason, I view NT's as being good at satire. NFP's don't strike me as being good at it, but I'm not sure about NFJ's. If Kurt Vonnegut is an NT, his avatar, Kilgore Trout of Breakfast of Champions, must be also.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I haven't read that series, but I've been meaning to check it out. Is it worth reading even if you know the ending of the first book?
I think so. The first and second books at least. After that, I think the quality is generally considered to go down. And some folks are not fans of the author because of his political stances.

En Gallop

Briony Tallis (Atonement)
Samuel Pickwick (The Pickwick Papers)
The Time Traveller (The Time Machine)
Gulliver (Gulliver's Travels)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP: Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
INTP: Meredith Grey (Grey's Anatomy)
INTJ: Aaron Hotchner (Criminal Minds)
ENTJ: Dorothy Zbornak (Golden Girls)

Briony Tallis (Atonement)

Yes! You beat me to mentioning her. :newwink: INTJ, right? Atonement is one of my favorite novels so I got excited.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eisenheim from The Illusionist strikes me as INxJ, though I find feeler more likely.

Little_Sticks

These stand out to me as NTs:

Sanjuro (Yojimbo)
Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)
Zecks Marquise (Gundam Wing)
JC Denton (original Deus Ex)

Maybe Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Commander David Mason a.k.a Section [COD Black Ops II] is INTP.

The antagonist (his arch nemesis), Raul Menendez, is also INTP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not exactly a protagonist but Summer from (500) Days of Summer is INTP.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stephen Maturin from the Aubrey-Maturin series/Master and Commander

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Nero Wolfe: INTJ?

Dexter (of Dexter's Lab): INTP?

Augustia

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Raidan (Metal Gear Rising): INTP
His friend Bladewolf could be an INTJ, though I guess that wouldn't be fair since he's an AI. ;)