User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default INTP have trouble relaxing?

I generally am not good with "relaxing things" like reggae music or Taking baths. Also in my yoga class sometimes I have the thought "oh man enough with the hippie bullshit already". I don't thrive on stress, I think I just have a problem slowing down the pace of my thoughts and some sometimes "relaxing things become frustrating things. I'm seen as pretty mellow thought and as I understand it most other INTPs are seen that way too.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Me being an INTP is not beyond doubt, I've been typed INFP too, but I recognize this thingy. I've been struggling with very tense muscles for years, before I started doing breath exercises and just concentrate on not thinking at all. Difficult for an active-minded INTP like we both seem to be, but with some training it might work. I'm in no way a hippie (I'm an agnostic who laughs at any type of non-medical healing and all the weird things that people think are true), but this has a real physical effect, believe it or not.
    Also, everybody relax in different ways. I can be really relaxed while listening to Metallica or writing creepy stories, but most others would think that strange. It's just a matter of knowing what works for each individual.

Hope that helped
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy; Am I or the others crazy?
    ~Albert Einstein

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there.
    ~Owl City (Song: The Real World, album: All Things Bright and Beautiful)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Also in my yoga class sometimes I have the thought "oh man enough with the hippie bullshit already".
    Thoughts?
    You need to let the energy flow freely through your chakras, sis. Close your eyes for a minute and try to focus on this orange energy that's growing inside you. And it gets bigger, and bigger...

Now seriously, I think that's anxiety related. Ironically, yoga helps.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You need to let the energy flow freely through your chakras, sis. Close your eyes for a minute and try to focus on this orange energy that's growing inside you. And it gets bigger, and bigger...

Now seriously, I think that's anxiety related. Ironically, yoga helps.
    I love yoga, but I prefer when we're moving to when there just talking about wisdom or peace or light energy. I guess I do feel pretty relaxed when I'm doing the physical movements.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

im pretty much the opposite, i chill too hard to fit this rotten society properly
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes. I have a lot of trouble relaxing. Racing thoughts, tight shoulders, clenched jaws, and a lot of tension. There's a couple of things I can do to get rid of it but the effects don't last very long.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I generally am not good with "relaxing things" like reggae music or Taking baths. Also in my yoga class sometimes I have the thought "oh man enough with the hippie bullshit already". I don't thrive on stress, I think I just have a problem slowing down the pace of my thoughts and some sometimes "relaxing things become frustrating things. I'm seen as pretty mellow thought and as I understand it most other INTPs are seen that way too.

Thoughts?
    I know what you're saying. I got the same problem. I never can sit relaxed or whatsoever. My muscles are always tense and I never can think of nothing.
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I appear relaxed to most people but on the inside I'm often anything but. Too much going on inside my mind.

Oh and I'm not good at deliberately trying to relax with things like Yoga. I'm more likely to relax when I don't think about being relaxed.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I find relaxing very easy. As a kid I didn't do well with getting help from others. In order to cope with stress I learned how to force relaxation on myself. Now it's automatic and comes naturally.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This is interesting. My INTP is overall far more relaxed than I am. I'm the one who gets the tight shoulders, racing thoughts, etc. Of course there are situations that will put him under stress, and I'm not sure he handles it any better than I do, but he seems to get over it or bounce back from it much more readily, and go back to his easygoing self.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...