User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I just can`t help myself when i find something interesting, it takes me in completely, i have hundreds of saved tabs and bookmarks for further research, not to mention entire pages full of combined notes

Quote Originally Posted by Scissorhands View Post
    I know that every so often I'll find a topic (most recently antisocial personality disorder in the medical field, of all things), and start researching said topic intensely - day and night - for a certain period of time. Usually it lasts about three weeks or so, and by the end of it I'm usually very knowledgable about the topic (although usually it doesn't matter because the topics generally have no real application). Occasionally I'll compile the fruit of my research in a (as described by someone else) "term-paper-like" composition, that's generally 10 pages or so. In any case, I've been wondering if any other NTs have experienced similar phases. Other types are more than welcome to contribute as well, I'd just assumed that if anyone would relate, it'd be NTs.
    OH I SO DO AND IT CAN BE A CURSE!!!

I have a serious problem with what boarders on hoarding, now and again when I have a massive clear out I'll be able to look at and precisely label "phases" or "fads" I've gone through and clear the material from that time, ie martial arts, the seventies, strategy games (both board games and computer games), different schools of thought in psychology, philosophy, anthology, genre fiction, music, even sort of or known topic.

The terrible thing is that in some ways I do this with people too, if someone appears to be way more knowledgeable about a given topic than me I'll befriend them and really want to spend lots and lots of time with them but then when I feel nothing really new is to be gleaned from them I'll lose interest.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I know that every so often I'll find a topic (most recently antisocial personality disorder in the medical field, of all things), and start researching said topic intensely - day and night - for a certain period of time. Usually it lasts about three weeks or so, and by the end of it I'm usually very knowledgable about the topic (although usually it doesn't matter because the topics generally have no real application). Occasionally I'll compile the fruit of my research in a (as described by someone else) "term-paper-like" composition, that's generally 10 pages or so. In any case, I've been wondering if any other NTs have experienced similar phases. Other types are more than welcome to contribute as well, I'd just assumed that if anyone would relate, it'd be NTs.
    I do this but my husband does it even more. Then again, he is more NT than NF in a lot of ways and this is one of them. Because of this, I use him for a lot of my research. Not knowledge, more of comparison shopping and reviews. Who wouldn't want a spread sheet of vacuum comparisons when the old one is a goner?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

WALMART

Definitely an NT/ST/FP/SJ/EF/IT thing.

(Sorry anyone I missed, got bored)

Glycerine

hahaha yes I do this too!

I do this all the time. Life isn't fun without an obsession to research.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTJ

On rare occations when things are not as i wish for i get so obsessed with it that i don`t do anything else and cut all other things. Until said thing is done.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Did you watch the Jim Fallon interviews?
    I found the Martha Stout book lacking in depth and VERY biased (weak F).

I usually don't compile the knowledge. I keep it in my head.
    Last edited by Istbkleta; 04-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yup, been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w5 sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I do this very often as well.