• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Subtypes

Which INTJ subtype are you? (INTJs Only)

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Sage: The master of all things metaphysical, delving into the deepest secrets of existence and uncovering its esoteric treasures, guided by their own inner enlightenment. Sages connect to the divine source of all potential.
2. Scientist: The ultimate rationalist, always empirically verifying all bodies of knowledge with rigorous testing and critical skepticism, but they are also open to new ideas. Scientists are the most hyper-intellectual variant of INTJ.
3. Creator: The most imaginative of all minds, they seek to bring their lofty visions into fruition, flowing from their boundlessly creative intellects like an endless fountain. Creators forge constructs of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
4. Achiever: The infinitely inspired people who work to achieve their dreams, taking the right steps of action in unprecedented direction to accomplish the impossible. Achievers will climb any mountain and can do anything they want.
5. Mastermind: The malevolent forces of chaos and destruction, they design evil schemes, wreaking untold havoc upon the natural order and tenaciously seize it. Masterminds make everything in their grip obediant and toiling slaves.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was easy.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The one I am so fond of is 1, 3, and 4 as you describe them; and all of them in the mundane sense (though actually more of a mystic than a scientist- I'm the one who is always asking for an explanation).

Huhuu

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Sage: The master of all things metaphysical, delving into the deepest secrets of existence and uncovering its esoteric treasures, guided by their own inner enlightenment. Sages connect to the divine source of all potential.
2. Scientist: The ultimate rationalist, always empirically verifying all bodies of knowledge with rigorous testing and critical skepticism, but they are also open to new ideas. Scientists are the most hyper-intellectual variant of INTJ.
3. Creator: The most imaginative of all minds, they seek to bring their lofty visions into fruition, flowing from their boundlessly creative intellects like an endless fountain. Creators forge constructs of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
4. Achiever: The infinitely inspired people who work to achieve their dreams, taking the right steps of action in unprecedented direction to accomplish the impossible. Achievers will climb any mountain and can do anything they want.
5. Mastermind: The malevolent forces of chaos and destruction, they design evil schemes, wreaking untold havoc upon the natural order and tenaciously seize it. Masterminds make everything in their grip obediant and toiling slaves.

I am a perfectionist and cannot let myself fully relate to any of these.

W

WhoCares

Creator, if we must at all. I am never happy unless I am creating something with my own two hands, a craftsman at heart am I. I love forges. Although I must take pendantic issue with your definition. I was watching a documentary about how the brain processes, creativity, insight and intellectual thinking. In fact intellectual thinking must be suppressed momentarily for creative inspiration to fire. Frontal lobe activity virtually becomes non-existent when a person is in creative flow, no such thing as creative intellect I'm afraid. Just saying.....

Last edited:

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
2, 3, and 4. I would have chosen mastermind too, if you hadn't made it sound so evil. You do know that not all elaborate plans are for a bad purpose, right?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a perfectionist and cannot let myself fully relate to any of these.

True, it can't completely box you, but it can give you a rough fit. If you're a perfectionist, your best bet I would say is the Achiever.

Creator, if we must at all. I am never happy unless I am creating something with my own two hands, a craftsman at heart am I. I love forges. Although I must take pendantic issue with your definition. I was watching a documentary about how the brain processes, creativity, insight and intellectual thinking. In fact intellectual thinking must be suppressed momentarily for creative inspiration to fire. Frontal lobe activity virtually becomes non-existent when a person is in creative flow, no such thing as creative intellect I'm afraid. Just saying.....

Don't confuse intellectual with rational. Intellects can come in all kinds of varieties, and rational happens to be one of them. Perhaps you may relate to other categories better, like the metaphysical or the pragmatic.

2, 3, and 4. I would have chosen mastermind too, if you hadn't made it sound so evil. You do know that not all elaborate plans are for a bad purpose, right?

Well then screw my definition and just say that you are a Mastermind. Your comment can show your more benevolent intentions.

Huhuu

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
True, it can't completely box you, but it can give you a rough fit. If you're a perfectionist, your best bet I would say is the Achiever.

That and Scientist were indeed the closest ones... Obviously I just wanted to nitpick but it's like a principle - I want to stick with the truth.

Btw, have you noticed the same in other types, do they have differing subtypes too? Have you thought what is behind these different subtypes? What kind of issues explain these differences between INTJs? To me it seems it cannot be environmental factors only since those subtypes sound like they have fundamentally different elements... If I actually bothered to think this through, I by myself might end up in motivations and biological temperament differences. I haven't found inclusive enough information on the cognitive functions to link themes like motivations and temperament to that context so I assume CFs alone are not enough to explain these things but I'd still like to hear your view if you have any. After all, I'm here to learn.

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Achiever is the closest I think, although I did want to make myself a Mastermind :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]
you forgot The Revolutionary/Advocate. sort of like the Creator, but more aggressive and pragmatic as opposed to intellectual and artsy.
Lelouch_Vi_Britannia_by_Khalitzburg.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does nobody want to be an almighty Mastermind of ultimate destinies and infinite powers? I can't believe it!

W

WhoCares

Why does nobody want to be an almighty Mastermind of ultimate destinies and infinite powers? I can't believe it!

Because your definition of it bites, and possibly that being the puppet master actually isnt a desirable goal for an INTJ despite much touted desires to the contrary.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because your definition of it sucks, and possibly that being the puppet master actually isnt a desirable thing for any INTJ despite rumours to the contrary.

Those definitions aren't meant to be taken that seriously. It's largely just to be funny, kind of like how the descriptions for the INTP subtypes are really stupid:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just now decided that I want to be a Sage-Mastermind INTJ and voted accordingly.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely type 2, though it makes me sound smarter than I think I actually am.