User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which INTJ subtype are you? (INTJs Only)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sage

    6 28.57%
  • Scientist

    5 23.81%
  • Creator

    9 42.86%
  • Achiever

    8 38.10%
  • Mastermind

    2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: INTJ Subtypes

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default INTJ Subtypes

    1. Sage: The master of all things metaphysical, delving into the deepest secrets of existence and uncovering its esoteric treasures, guided by their own inner enlightenment. Sages connect to the divine source of all potential.
    2. Scientist: The ultimate rationalist, always empirically verifying all bodies of knowledge with rigorous testing and critical skepticism, but they are also open to new ideas. Scientists are the most hyper-intellectual variant of INTJ.
    3. Creator: The most imaginative of all minds, they seek to bring their lofty visions into fruition, flowing from their boundlessly creative intellects like an endless fountain. Creators forge constructs of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
    4. Achiever: The infinitely inspired people who work to achieve their dreams, taking the right steps of action in unprecedented direction to accomplish the impossible. Achievers will climb any mountain and can do anything they want.
    5. Mastermind: The malevolent forces of chaos and destruction, they design evil schemes, wreaking untold havoc upon the natural order and tenaciously seize it. Masterminds make everything in their grip obediant and toiling slaves.

  2. #2
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    That was easy.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #3
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    The one I am so fond of is 1, 3, and 4 as you describe them; and all of them in the mundane sense (though actually more of a mystic than a scientist- I'm the one who is always asking for an explanation).

  4. #4
    Junior Member Huhuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    1. Sage: The master of all things metaphysical, delving into the deepest secrets of existence and uncovering its esoteric treasures, guided by their own inner enlightenment. Sages connect to the divine source of all potential.
    2. Scientist: The ultimate rationalist, always empirically verifying all bodies of knowledge with rigorous testing and critical skepticism, but they are also open to new ideas. Scientists are the most hyper-intellectual variant of INTJ.
    3. Creator: The most imaginative of all minds, they seek to bring their lofty visions into fruition, flowing from their boundlessly creative intellects like an endless fountain. Creators forge constructs of exquisite delicacy and beauty.
    4. Achiever: The infinitely inspired people who work to achieve their dreams, taking the right steps of action in unprecedented direction to accomplish the impossible. Achievers will climb any mountain and can do anything they want.
    5. Mastermind: The malevolent forces of chaos and destruction, they design evil schemes, wreaking untold havoc upon the natural order and tenaciously seize it. Masterminds make everything in their grip obediant and toiling slaves.
    I am a perfectionist and cannot let myself fully relate to any of these.

  5. #5
    WhoCares
    Guest

    Default

    Creator, if we must at all. I am never happy unless I am creating something with my own two hands, a craftsman at heart am I. I love forges. Although I must take pendantic issue with your definition. I was watching a documentary about how the brain processes, creativity, insight and intellectual thinking. In fact intellectual thinking must be suppressed momentarily for creative inspiration to fire. Frontal lobe activity virtually becomes non-existent when a person is in creative flow, no such thing as creative intellect I'm afraid. Just saying.....
    Last edited by WhoCares; 08-25-2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: To be pedantic. And annoying. Cant help it I'm INTJ

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    437

    Default

    2, 3, and 4. I would have chosen mastermind too, if you hadn't made it sound so evil. You do know that not all elaborate plans are for a bad purpose, right?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huhuu View Post
    I am a perfectionist and cannot let myself fully relate to any of these.
    True, it can't completely box you, but it can give you a rough fit. If you're a perfectionist, your best bet I would say is the Achiever.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Creator, if we must at all. I am never happy unless I am creating something with my own two hands, a craftsman at heart am I. I love forges. Although I must take pendantic issue with your definition. I was watching a documentary about how the brain processes, creativity, insight and intellectual thinking. In fact intellectual thinking must be suppressed momentarily for creative inspiration to fire. Frontal lobe activity virtually becomes non-existent when a person is in creative flow, no such thing as creative intellect I'm afraid. Just saying.....
    Don't confuse intellectual with rational. Intellects can come in all kinds of varieties, and rational happens to be one of them. Perhaps you may relate to other categories better, like the metaphysical or the pragmatic.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    2, 3, and 4. I would have chosen mastermind too, if you hadn't made it sound so evil. You do know that not all elaborate plans are for a bad purpose, right?
    Well then screw my definition and just say that you are a Mastermind. Your comment can show your more benevolent intentions.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Huhuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    True, it can't completely box you, but it can give you a rough fit. If you're a perfectionist, your best bet I would say is the Achiever.
    That and Scientist were indeed the closest ones... Obviously I just wanted to nitpick but it's like a principle - I want to stick with the truth.

    Btw, have you noticed the same in other types, do they have differing subtypes too? Have you thought what is behind these different subtypes? What kind of issues explain these differences between INTJs? To me it seems it cannot be environmental factors only since those subtypes sound like they have fundamentally different elements... If I actually bothered to think this through, I by myself might end up in motivations and biological temperament differences. I haven't found inclusive enough information on the cognitive functions to link themes like motivations and temperament to that context so I assume CFs alone are not enough to explain these things but I'd still like to hear your view if you have any. After all, I'm here to learn.

  9. #9
    Member Valis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Achiever is the closest I think, although I did want to make myself a Mastermind

  10. #10
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @Poimandres
    you forgot The Revolutionary/Advocate. sort of like the Creator, but more aggressive and pragmatic as opposed to intellectual and artsy.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ subtypes?
    By Litvyak in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO