• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: the distorted image of libertarian saviors?

S

Society

whenever i open the news, here and in the US, i constantly hear about how the world will come out of it's economic rut if only entrepreneurs are given the opportunity and time to do their thing.... and when i watch seminars about entrepreneurship, it seems to me again and again that 99% of what they are preaching is.. well, to be more like me in ways that other ENTPs seem to share.

did someone throw a messiah mission on our shoulders while we were busy not giving a crap? :dry:

Evette

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It would be easier to agree with you if there was some elaboration on what specific traits these entrepreneurs have that seem to coalesce with those associated with ENTPism.

I've always figured that it went without saying that we make the best entrepreneurs in theory. But then again, ENTPs make the best EVERYTHING in theory. ;P

S

Society

It would be easier to agree with you if there was some elaboration on what specific traits these entrepreneurs have that seem to coalesce with those associated with ENTPism.

I've always figured that it went without saying that we make the best entrepreneurs in theory. But then again, ENTPs make the best EVERYTHING in theory. ;P

a notable repetition of cliche's:
- "think outside of the box" = dom Ne, the ability to form creative solutions.
- "taking criticism about your ideas" = aux Ti demands searching for it actively.
- "inspire the people around you" = tert Fe, the ability to charm when we want too.
- "the willingness to take risks" = a common behavioral characteristic of EPs.

on a sidenote:

Evette

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, yes, yes. It all seems to fit, though you left off the total absence of self-respect in the list of reasons why ENTPs make good entrepreneurs.:newwink:

I also think ENTJ's fit the mold for the most part. They're not overly generalized as "creative" and "spontaneous" like ENTPs, but they'd probably have a better time convincing some old, rich bastard to invest in their project.

I'm mostly inhibited by my inability to care about any single idea for long enough to develop it substantially. Besides, if there's one thing the media has taught me, it's that entrepreneurship is now mostly realized on the internet. Bleck.

Some time ago I saw a couple of Ivy League educated siblings on a talk show talking about their "brilliant idea" that has made them rich. (Well, richer, really, they came from a wealthy family. :dry:) They started some stupid website where you make e-cards and pay to send them. :mellow:On what planet is suckering old women into making expensive, tacky graphics ingenious? But I digressed.