User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

Default Four temperaments within the NT temperament

okay so i'm bored. and this thing just came to mind. if you know about the other four temperaments theory, it actually matches the individual types of the NTs. though they're not fully (or even not at all) correlated with each other, it just somehow makes sense. lol..

ENTP - Sanguine
    Bubbly
    Social
    Upbeat
    Outgoing
    Positive
    Extroverted

ENTJ - Choleric
    Proud
    Forceful
    Confident
    Get things done
    Makes things their business
    Likes to be in charge

INTJ - Melancholic
    Serious
    Analytical
    Critical
    Needs things to be RIGHT
    Prefers planning to spontaneous action
    Deep and thoughtful
    (most overall descriptions about melancholic doesn't really fit intjs fully well. but intjs fit the melancholic choleric blend though)

INTP - Phlegmatic
    Meek
    Inoffensive
    Shy
    Tends to show little emotion
    'Easygoing' in normal situations...
    Quiet

if you try it to the other mbti temperaments, it would make less sense. i think it matches the NTs the most.

estj - choleric
    esfj - sanguine
    istj - melancholic or phleg
    isfj - phlegmatic but also fit melancholic well

estp - choleric or sanguine
    esfp - sanguine
    isfp - melancholic or phleg
    istp - phlegmatic or mel

as with the NFs..not so much i think

enfj - choleric or sanguine
    enfp - choleric or sanguine
    infp - phlegmatic or melancholic
    infj - melancholic or phlegmatic

yeah,just bored

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This seems to match up well with my experience of the 4 NT types. Yeah, I think most people would generally perceive as phlegmatic.

It also seems to correlate well to interaction styles.

Choleric = In charge (ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ESTP)
    Sanguine = Get things going (ENTP, ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP)
    Melancholic = Chart the course (INTJ, ISTJ, INFJ, ISTP)
    Phlegmatic = Behind the scenes (INTP, ISFJ, INFP, ISFP)
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yest, the Interaction Styles are like a cross-mapping of the classic temperaments with the Keirsey temperaments, so that each type is a blend of two temperaments (four types are a blend of the same classic temperaments). (And Supine would go be an alternative for Phlegmatic).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post
    okay so i'm bored. and this thing just came to mind. if you know about the other four temperaments theory, it actually matches the individual types of the NTs. though they're not fully (or even not at all) correlated with each other, it just somehow makes sense. lol..

ENTP - Sanguine
    Bubbly
    Social
    Upbeat
    Outgoing
    Positive
    Extroverted

ENTJ - Choleric
    Proud
    Forceful
    Confident
    Get things done
    Makes things their business
    Likes to be in charge

INTJ - Melancholic
    Serious
    Analytical
    Critical
    Needs things to be RIGHT
    Prefers planning to spontaneous action
    Deep and thoughtful
    (most overall descriptions about melancholic doesn't really fit intjs fully well. but intjs fit the melancholic choleric blend though)

INTP - Phlegmatic
    Meek
    Inoffensive
    Shy
    Tends to show little emotion
    'Easygoing' in normal situations...
    Quiet

if you try it to the other mbti temperaments, it would make less sense. i think it matches the NTs the most.

estj - choleric
    esfj - sanguine
    istj - melancholic or phleg
    isfj - phlegmatic but also fit melancholic well

estp - choleric or sanguine
    esfp - sanguine
    isfp - melancholic or phleg
    istp - phlegmatic or mel

as with the NFs..not so much i think

enfj - choleric or sanguine
    enfp - choleric or sanguine
    infp - phlegmatic or melancholic
    infj - melancholic or phlegmatic

yeah,just bored
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    This seems to match up well with my experience of the 4 NT types. Yeah, I think most people would generally perceive as phlegmatic.

It also seems to correlate well to interaction styles.

Choleric = In charge (ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ESTP)
    Sanguine = Get things going (ENTP, ESFJ, ENFP, ESFP)
    Melancholic = Chart the course (INTJ, ISTJ, INFJ, ISTP)
    Phlegmatic = Behind the scenes (INTP, ISFJ, INFP, ISFP)
    Just want to chime in and say that I agree with you. I haven't read a lot on MBTI yet and am only just now beginning to discover socionics, but I've actually read several volumes on temperaments and I think you're pretty much right on the money with this. The thing about temperaments is that we all have aspects of all of them, but perfer to operate in one or two as our primary mode. The ultimate goal, of course, is to reach a near-balance. I was just today trying to decide where an ENFJ would fall in terms of temperament and kind of thought that maybe a Chol/Sang or Sang/Chol mixture would be it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

According to the Interaction Styles—temperament theory, it would be Choleric Phlegmatic or Choleric Supine. Though I do see them coming out Sanguine. Those could be the Choleric Supines having the Supine picked up as Sanguine, since Supine is not recognized by most tests (It's similar to Sanguine in some ways, though is overall most like Phlegmatic).
    Or, the quiz could simply pick up the dom. Fe sociability as "Sanguine" behavior.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

dang. that crossing of interaction styles with keirsey temperaments make me an ENTJ. because i'm usually more of a directing person. and i'm also a choleric.. but i'm not ENTJ(at least i don't think so).

and enfj being a choleric not so sure... i thought them more of a sanguine also..or choleric sanguine. but choleric phlegmatic...well, sterotypically, chlorphlegs are supposed to be "apathetic" and "emotionless" .. and enfj is Fe dom, lol...so i think enfj are more on to the sanguine temperament.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ENJ is "In Charge"; extraverted and directive; so both ENFJ and ENTJ would be Choleric.
    If you're Choleric, but not ENTJ (which is the "double" Choleric), then do you have another temperament blended in? Did you arrive at Choleric from a quiz or something? If so; what was second in the list?

Type Ideas

Enneagram
    9w8

Me? I'm a melancholy-phlegmatic with a dash of the other two, just for good measure, but my sister is an ENFJ and appears very sanguine, but also, she can be hard and stubborn when she feels the need to be. So, I'm thinking maybe Supine or Sanguine would come first for her and Choleric would come second. When she was a kid, my called her Mary-Mary-Quite-Contrary, because she was very contrary.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    ENJ is "In Charge"; extraverted and directive; so both ENFJ and ENTJ would be Choleric.
    If you're Choleric, but not ENTJ (which is the "double" Choleric), then do you have another temperament blended in? Did you arrive at Choleric from a quiz or something? If so; what was second in the list?
    i'm a choleric sanguine..
    and i know more about this 4 temperaments theory than MBTI and the functions lol..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Me? I'm a melancholy-phlegmatic with a dash of the other two, just for good measure, but my sister is an ENFJ and appears very sanguine, but also, she can be hard and stubborn when she feels the need to be. So, I'm thinking maybe Supine or Sanguine would come first for her and Choleric would come second. When she was a kid, my called her Mary-Mary-Quite-Contrary, because she was very contrary.
    She sounds Choleric. They look like Sanguines at first glance, because of the common expressiveness (which of course, is the extroversion), but Sanguines don't usually stay "contrary" like that. At least not to the point where that would characterize the person enough to garner a nickname like that. That would indicate the "task-focus" (what's called "directing" in Interaction Styles) that separates Choleric from the people-focused Sanguine.
    So if she's both Choleric and Supine, the Supine will temper the Choleric so that she wont be "hard, stubborn, contrary" all the time, for Supine is the total opposite. She'll go back and forth. Hence, with that stubbornness and hardness reduced by the Supine, yet still being expressive on the surface, she'll look like a Sanguine overall. (The same dynamic for Supine-Choleric INTP's like me. Same two temperaments, but reversed from the ENFJ, and being introverted upfront, we look like Melancholies).

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post
    i'm a choleric sanguine..
    and i know more about this 4 temperaments theory than MBTI and the functions lol..
    So would you happen to be ESTP, then? or maybe ENTP?

Type Ideas