• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What would happen if NTs are the only ones who exist in this world?

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
Just a random question. What if NTs were the only ones who existed in this world? What would the world be?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Computers and androids would totally take over.

Seriously though, I think NTs could adapt into roles not typically taken by NT to survive.

They're still NTs but NTs taking on SJ, SP, or NF roles.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP

Actually both are grammatically wrong.

You cannot use "are" or "when" with "what would happen if". You need to use the subjunctive, which would be "were".

Non-english speakers should understand this better, as usually we are taught the grammar correctly, unlike in anglophone countries where grammar is not taught.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The popular kids would be the ones that read Michel Foucault;
there would be a caste system based on IQ;
religions would be banished.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weak function Fe'ers and Fi'ers would wage cyber and drone war on each other. Total destruction.

I

Infinite Bubble

It depends. Are we talking about if there was only ever NTs from the start of mankind, or a sudden banishment of all other temperaments at this present moment?

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
It depends. Are we talking about if there was only ever NTs from the start of mankind, or a sudden banishment of all other temperaments at this present moment?

i was thinking about that before i made this thread. i was imagining what if the NTs worked together and eliminated all the other temperaments(take note it's only an imagination). then came up with the question..but let's go with the "NTs from the start of mankind"

S

Society

i was thinking about that before i made this thread. i was imagining what if the NTs worked together and eliminated all the other temperaments(take note it's only an imagination). then came up with the question..but let's go with the "NTs from the start of mankind"

in our world storytelling (Si) & craftsmanship (Se) have being major players in the early development of civilization, the accumulation of information prior to the written word as well as early tool using. if you take out SJs & SPs, you are left with those kept only in tertiery & inferior forms, which develop much later. this would increase the importance of elders quite a bit, which creates a problem, because in this alternative universe we might not have accumulated enough Si knowledge of medicinal properties in order to create a caste of elders in the first place.

so while it's possible that we would never have the hangover's of anti-scientific cultural warfare, we might never get to that and in turn be stuck in the stone age for a lot longer.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The world would slowly deteriorate while all the NTs debated in their ivory towers. :D

I

Infinite Bubble

There would be less emphasis on appearance, females would probably have less pressure in that sense and people would in general be more judged on intelligence or knowledge. Religion would possibly been never have been made a dominant social feature. More of a constant drive to move forward and discover the new, rather than preservation for stability, like the current SJ climate. So maybe science/technology would be further ahead by now. Social etiquette would be lessened, and anything unnecessary would be removed. Perhaps less wars, except for when the odd INTJ gets their vulnerable tert-Fi hurt . This applies if they don't all take on direct roles that other temperaments would be filling like [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] said. And that was all based on NTs stereotypical features, so no one start getting there little panties in a twist over it.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There would be less emphasis on appearance, females would probably have less pressure in that sense and people would in general be more judged on intelligence or knowledge. Religion would possibly been never have been made a dominant social feature. More of a constant drive to move forward and discover the new, rather than preservation for stability, like the current SJ climate. So maybe science/technology would be further ahead by now. Social etiquette would be lessened, and anything unnecessary would be removed. Perhaps less wars, except for when the odd INTJ gets their vulnerable tert-Fi hurt . This applies if they don't all take on direct roles that other temperaments would be filling like @SuchIrony said. And that was all based on NTs stereotypical features, so no one start getting there little panties in a twist over it.

Not a great movie, but there's one part of the Matrix Revolutions at the very end that I really like.

Someone asks the Architect if he will keep his word, and he says "What do you think I am? Human?"

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
This seems like a null scenario. People develop in response to stimuli, so NT parents will inevitably breed non-NT children who need to make up for their parents' deficits.

Chthonic

could adapt into roles not typically taken by NT to survive.

They're still NTs but NTs taking on SJ, SP, or NF roles.

This already happens I work in an SP dominated workplace in a non-technical role. I do better than just survive. It's not as if the world is currently arranged into neat little cognitive function segments anyway.

Chthonic

religions would be banished.

Ha! In your dreams. Have you not noticed that a lot of INTJs tend to be closet mystics? Ni-Fi, loves the unseen as well as the ancient mysteries. But I agree the group think, social conformity ones would die out. Only to be replaced by Golden Dawn style ones. There would be a bunch of self appointed Gandalf's roaming the earth. :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

main-qimg-7fbf5d6ce580e75dc50dcc254d2e3ace

The implication of the quote is that the cold, unfeeling machines, represented by the Architect, are more honorable and reliable than the humans. Why would a machine engage in deception?

It's a useful counter when someone criticizes an NT for being unfeeling. Sometimes, that's a good thing. Sort of a riposte to the McCoys of the world. Could the machines have been reasoned with if they weren't so cold and unfeeling? More passionate beings might have been more stubborn, defensive.

Mostly I'm just countering the not wholly inaccurate criticisms. In particular, someone referenced the Matrix, (brains in vats... what's the downside?) and that particular bit with the Architect came to mind.