• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "Your intelligence is quite attractive..."

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. Arrogance and pompousness, perhaps (both traits that I'm completely comfortable with), but not intelligence.

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
What does a 140+ IQ suggest?

I think your statement suggests, just like the rest of what others like Rasofy has pointed out, that you are overly subscribed to public evaluation. Have you ever considered that what people think will not make a bit of difference once you step away from your computer?

Also I don't think an IQ of 140 or more suggests what you mean. It doesn't mean a person is special or even especially intelligent, only that they are in a high percentile of the population when it comes to pattern recognition, which is of very little practical value.

Jaguar

What does a 140 IQ suggest?

attention_glitter.gif

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, if I'm "not intelligent" then (which is ridiculous seeing how I seem to be the only one who thinks about this shit, which makes my thinking very innovative), why did she say my intelligence was attractive? Could it be that what she actually meant that my LACK of intelligence was attractive to cover for her low self-esteem? It can't be because I'm actually unintelligent, because that will bring me back to the said idea of being the only person who thinks about this sort of thing and that, in turn, makes me a misunderstood genius.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
So, if I'm "not intelligent" then (which is ridiculous seeing how I seem to be the only one who thinks about this shit, which makes my thinking very innovative), why did she say my intelligence was attractive? Could it be that what she actually meant that my LACK of intelligence was attractive to cover for her low self-esteem? It can't be because I'm actually unintelligent, because that will bring me back to the said idea of being the only person who thinks about this sort of thing and that, in turn, makes me a misunderstood genius.

Well she could be stupid and/or a poor judge, and mistakenly think a person of average intelligence is very intelligent*. :D Why are you ascribing so much authority to her opinion?

In any case, just be glad and play up to it.:wink:

*Hypothetical in all senses.

G

garbage

She could've been sarcastic, in which case I'd be hurt and perhaps lash out at her.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uniqueness is not the same as innovation. Any conspiracy theorist can claim to be the only one thinking his thoughts. You may be highly intelligent, but neither your posts on this thread, nor an IQ test score, nor the casual remark of some girl we know nothing about proves that. Moreover, you don't need to prove your intelligence to us, or to her. Only you can gauge whether she was flattering, joking, exaggerating, or being genuine, since only you were there.

What I can say is that if you get this wrapped around the axle over every little comment offered in similar circumstances, you will have no energy left to assess the situation rationally, much less to enjoy yourself.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you can take it as a move, a categorical meaning you are placed into, or a window into the other person. if you don't figure out what it means for the other person, you're stuck simply seeing it as one of the first two. there's no real grounding in that. you either feel manipulated or judged. and you eat it up or you spit it out.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Take the kind words at face value. One girl said to me 'I thought you were pretty plain, then you started talking.' We had a relationship for about 18 months. It was fun. She valued my mind. I ran with it. The finishline remained the same.:D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take the kind words at face value. One girl said to me 'I thought you were pretty plain, then you started talking.' We had a relationship for about 18 months. It was fun. She valued my mind. I ran with it. The finishline remained the same.:D

Personally, I would've been insulted.

Scheherezade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
i`m curious ..is she still talking to you after this thread?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i`m curious ..is she still talking to you after this thread?

Actually, if you refer to this post, you'll see the conversation in its entirety. I think it was a few weeks ago, don't really remember much of what went down because it was like talking to the wall.

And no, it didn't happen at this forum if that's what you're implying.

Josie

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1&5
I feel highly complimented when someone flatters my intelligence rather than my physical appearance.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel highly complimented when someone flatters my intelligence rather than my physical appearance.

But seeing how she said my intelligence was attractive was so offensive that I promoted her from Captain to Corporal Obvious.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:thinking:

If someone says they like something, that doesn't indicate they don't like, or notice, something else. It just means they chose to comment on that one thing for any given reason. More than likely, she thought it would be a socially-appropriate, flattering, and agreeable way to engage with you.

Response would be "thank you", and preferably a compliment on her qualities in return, or at least segue into pleasant conversation focused on her.

What the heck is OCM?

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why isn't this one of the best compliments? I think that it's the greatest thing a person can say about you!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What the heck is OCM?

Well, I'm glad you asked! It is an acronym for Open Casket Materialâ„¢. I am hoping that this new expression will replace calling someone "hot" because that is so 20th century. It pretty much means the same thing, though. But please, spread the usage of the phrase! It could be my life's work!!! A small seed could plant the biggest of trees.