Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So here's how it went:

She: Your intelligence is quite attractive.

Me: It is, isn't it?

She: Yes.

I think it was like 3 days ago or something like that when this went down. Haven't spoken since, because I was in a coma.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, I wouldn't know how to respond to this either because I'm terrible at responding to compliments but it is a compliment. Take it as such. You should be happy she's complimenting you at all although I personally prefer relationships with little or no compliments being delivered. Just makes for a less awkward situation.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I've got the benefit of experience to know that I'm attractive enough to have pretty much whatever I want however I want it, but I've always gone for brains over beauty. The disparity between my standards for looks and those for I hold for intelligence and achievement is pretty much a running joke among my friends and family. Smart is sexy enough to me that it's pretty much the whole ball game when someone's really got it. Toss in equal parts swagger and sensitivity in for good measure, and you pretty much have me at hello.

But, feel free to ignore all that, Uber. I'm with @Rasofy on this one. The bitch is after your kidneys.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Well, I wouldn't know how to respond to this either because I'm terrible at responding to compliments but it is a compliment. Take it as such. You should be happy she's complimenting you at all although I personally prefer relationships with little or no compliments being delivered. Just makes for a less awkward situation.
    There is a fine line between compliments, and appreciation, and positive feedback. In any case, I prefer it to have substance and detail. That makes it both more credible and more useful. The closer I am to someone, the more interested I am in knowing how they see me, and what they value in me. This shows me how well they understand me, reassures me as to the basis for our relationship, and also gives me insight into what they think is important. I can use that to make sure I am contributing to the relationship in ways that will be meaningful to them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    So here's how it went:

She: Your intelligence is quite attractive.

Me: It is, isn't it?

She: Yes.
    She gave you a compliment, and you basically dismissed the compliment by implying that what she said is oh, so obvious that doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Thus, she probably a) felt stupid for having mentioned that and b) concluded that you're arrogant.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There is a fine line between compliments, and appreciation, and positive feedback. In any case, I prefer it to have substance and detail. That makes it both more credible and more useful. The closer I am to someone, the more interested I am in knowing how they see me, and what they value in me. This shows me how well they understand me, reassures me as to the basis for our relationship, and also gives me insight into what they think is important. I can use that to make sure I am contributing to the relationship in ways that will be meaningful to them.
    In other words, you are looking for feedback?

MBTI
    ISTP

Reading too far into people's comments is a pitfall. You are prone to cling to what tears you down just as much as a compliment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    In other words, you are looking for feedback?
    I may not be deliberately looking for it, but I find constructive feedback more useful than vague compliments or empty flattery.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I may not be deliberately looking for it, but I find constructive feedback more useful than vague compliments or empty flattery.
    I would find that more relevant if it is an area I would seek expertise in. I don't see the problems with compliments being vague but more that I often fail to see what it is that would lead someone to express such a thing.