• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, what are your two strongest letters?

What are your two strongest letters?

• EN - Stimulating, Diffuser, Entrepreneur

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • NP - Prospector, Innovative, Libertarian

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • ET - Objectivist, Commander, Competitor

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • NT - Rational, Designer, Engineer

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • EP -Opportunistic, Intrepid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
neither do i - here's my trick:

i read the functions as follows:
TiFe: reflects upon information to explore the outside.
FiTe: super imposes information to express the inside.
SiNe: connects incoming information in one's collection.
NiSe: connecting incoming information within it's flow.

this allows me to split each function in two ways:

temperamental:
T: resolving stress from cognitive dissonance in general.
F: resolving stress from emotional dissonance in particular.
S: reacts to the existing details of the experienced objects.
N: reacts to the relationships between the experienced objects.

cognitive:
Je manifests as an information mapping mechanism, stressed by chaotic stimuli.
Ji manifests as an information navigating mechanism, seeking maximum stimuli.
Pe manifests as information threading, providing the most stimulating images.
Pi manifests as information framing, providing the most cohesive images.

which stems from this:
E functions are processed faster then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll catch up & compensate for the missing nuances by bouncing it off others.
I functions are processed slower then the rate at which we consciously experience them.
-> demanding that we'll wait for the information to unfold and give it the mental space to do so.

this way, i can say that:
someone is "very E" = always running to catch up with the latest processed info.
someone is "very N" = pays a lot of attention to the relationships between objects.
someone is "very T" = very stressed by cognitive dissonance in general.
someone is "very P" = very oriented towards seeking the maximum stimulation.

and still do it in my comfort zone (breaking information down).

This is an interesting way to think about it. Going by that, I'm a strong Ti/Fe and Si/Ne user and dominant Pi.

I'm not quite clear on NiSe- connecting information within its flow. Do you have an example? Maybe I'm not clear on it because I don't 'use' that pattern of processing.

S

Society

This is an interesting way to think about it. Going by that, I'm a strong Ti/Fe and Si/Ne user and dominant Pi.

I'm not quite clear on NiSe- connecting information within its flow. Do you have an example? Maybe I'm not clear on it because I don't 'use' that pattern of processing.

here's a picture of me explaining both Ne & Ni to an SP, taken from a another galaxy far far away:

tl;dr: while Ne connects the incoming pattern to the big collection of past patterns (just like Si does with sensory info), Ni connects incoming pattern with other incoming patterns (much like Se does with sensory info).

but seriously - i am starting to feel bad for the thread starter...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
here's a picture of me explaining both Ne & Ni to an SP, taken from a another galaxy far far away:

tl;dr: while Ne connects the incoming pattern to the big collection of past patterns (just like Si does with sensory info), Ni connects incoming pattern with other incoming patterns (much like Se does with sensory info).

but seriously - i am starting to feel bad for the thread starter...

Good example. This makes more sense now.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think a better way to ask this would be 'ENTPs, what are your weakest letters?' An ENTP with a strong E,N,T, or P still looks like an ENTP. But when you say oh, my T is weaker, or my E is weaker (speaking according to the letters themselves, and not the functions), then you can have those levels of more ENFP ENTPs or INTP ENTPs.

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
Damn. l want to say NT but l don't necessarily have those interests. l'm going go with TP. l'd say l do value my preference to reserve judgment but am simultaneously skeptical(at times very much so lol). And l totally could look like an ISTP.

Derogatory

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ET - Objectivist, Commander, Competitor?

It's rather true. Usually it's no way I give up in competitions or discussions, also one of the most important things to me is to be objective.

ENTP with strong ET, tend to look and behave like an ESTJ

More like ENTJ, I would say.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am good at the Alpha; the Omega keeps elluding me :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The winner of this poll can ONLY be N, since ENTP are Ne-dom.

And usually, ENTP have less extreme E and T functions than their fellow Extroverts (high Ni, high Ti) or fellow Thinkers (high tertiary Fe).

So far, the results are ENtP, and I'm not surprised.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The winner of this poll can ONLY be N, since ENTP are Ne-dom.

And usually, ENTP have less extreme E and T functions than their fellow Extroverts (high Ni, high Ti) or fellow Thinkers (high tertiary Fe).

So far, the results are ENtP, and I'm not surprised.

Thats very catgerocial, where's the N that likes to be surprised in you ? :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Paradoxes are for Ni dominants, you evil Mastermind INTJ masquerading as an inventive ENTP! :D

Nonetheless, so far we have:

E : 5 votes
N : 11 votes
T : 2 votes
P : 7 votes

That's eNtP.

And my prediction seems pretty accurate. :)

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
My P usually tests the highest, but I think EN for me. My E is sometimes low, but I think that's because of bipolar and anxiety disorder; I'll isolate and listen to music/go on the computer when nervous because it's distracting. But then, I don't really think the letters mean too much compared to the cognitive functions.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
My two strongest letters are N and T every single time.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
True ENTP. You wouldn't understand that.

S

Society

Ne-dom is the answer you seek. ;)

And Ne is determined first by N, and then by either P or E.

NP i get (obviously *points at sig*), but the thing is someone's votes sort of illustrates what other types they might consider as secondary options.

for example as an eNtP, at different times INTP ENFP & INFP aren't far fetched for me on the surface - they don't have as good of a fit but they at least describe a couple of things correctly - to the point that if ENTP wasn't an option i might have ended up typed as one of them. to the same extent i would expect EN-voters to be able to see the vague descriptions of ENFP, ENTJ & ENFJ as secondary options, the later two not been Ne oriented at all.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
My P is such a close third that it was really hard to answer. All three are ridiculously high. Almost freakish.